My fields of expertise include, but are not limited to:
* I feel just as confortable translating english to spanish, as viceversa.
* Petroleum Industry general terminology.
* Petroleum Industry applied Geosciences (geology,petrophysics,seismic,geophysics)
* Electrical Engineering
* Imaging Technology
* Software manuals and localization.
* Website internationalization
* Marketing material, ads, brochures, etc.
A fully bilingual - Spanish and English - self-motivated and hard working Electrical and Software Engineer, highly experienced in electronics and geosciences applied to the petroleum industry (oil & gas industry). German born, raised and educated in Argentina. Lived and worked in the following countries: Argentina for thirty-six years, Brazil for three years, Venezuela for seven years and USA for thirteen years. Well aware of cross-cultural, idiom and language nuance issues in those countries.
LANGUAGES and TRANSLATION __________________
Mother language: Spanish. Almost mother language: English and German.
Source languages: German, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Target languages: English and Spanish.
2000+ words per day.
Read and write German Suetterlin and Fraktur.
Working knowledge of Italian.
* In-house translator/interpreter for Dresser Atlas, and as such wrote and translated numerous technical manuals, brochures and general technical/scientific documents.
* Freelance for several German and French agencies.
* Power plant and train bids for ABB-ALSTOM
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING ________________________
* Software design and coding.
* Localization and Globalization.
* Multilingual web site (intranet).
* UNIX, Assembly, X11, Motif, C, C++, Fortran, HTML, etc.
PETROLEUM INDUSTRY __________________________
* Electronic data acquisition equipment - down hole and surface.
* Geosciences - data analysis aspects.
* Extensive field experience, land and offshore operations.
* Intimate knowledge of drilling equipment.
* Intimate knowledge of oilfield services and equipment used.
* Intimate knowledge of industry glossaries and idioms.
* In general complete knowledge of industry's ins-and-outs.
GEOSCIENCES and PETROPHYSICS ________________
* Geophysics observer (data acquisition engineer).
* Petrophysical data acquisition engineer.
* Design of petrophysical data acquisition systems.
* Design of geoscience data analysis software.
IMAGE TECHNOLOGY _____________________________
* Design of image processing software for fluid spectrography.
* Design of proprietary geoscience imaging software.
* Design of proprietary graphic display software.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ______________________
1998 - date BAKER HUGHES INTERNATIONAL - after Western Atlas buy-out
1998 - date Senior Software Engineer
1987 - 1998 WESTERN ATLAS - After Dresser Atlas and Litton merger.
1987 - 1998 Senior Software Engineer
1960 - 1987 DRESSER INDUSTRIES/DRESSER ATLAS
1983 - 1987 Logistics Manager and Safety Coordinator, International
Operations. Houston, Texas, USA.
1981 - 1983 Country Manager, Venezuela.
1977 - 1981 Technical and Operations Manager, Venezuela.
1968 - 1977 Senior Maintenance Engineer, Latin America.
1960 - 1968 Maintenance and Field Engineer, Latin America (Argentina
Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, and Colombia).
1959 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PC Pentium/300, 256 MB RAM, 7 GB HDD
Laser and inkjet printers.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/98/NT
MS Office 97 (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
MS Word 2000
Word Perfect Win 6.0
HomeSite 4.5.1 (HTML Editor)
Expert user of PageMaker and FrameMaker