Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Catalyst, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, IBM CAT tool, Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX
My name is Jere Hamilton; I am an experienced French/English - English/French
interpreter (20 years' expérience), specializing in numerous fields (see below).
I am based in France, the United States and Great Britain.
I can handle both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation both into English and into French; I was born in the US but I have lived in France for 25 years, did part of my university and graduate studies in France, and I am perfectly bilingual.
I also have Spanish as a C language.
My fields of expertise include:
* Computers: I do most of IBM's simultaneous interpreting (technical, marketing and finance) into French in France
I translate for Steve Jobs (Apple), Bill Gates (Microsoft) as well as Linus Towald (Linux), and for many other major players in the IT Market.
I have experience as a computer programmer.
I have worked on SAP implementation projects.
I have interpreted frequently in the framework of software development & specification projects.
* Telecom & Networking: British Telecom, France Telecom (R&D), Motorola (Canopy)
with expertise in leading edge research, local loop, Canopy, VOIP, TOIP, etc.
* Engineering: I have partipated in numerous localization (translation) projects in the CAD/CAM (CAO) field, including Autocad, Catia, and many others. I have interpreted for many years at Catia user conferences in France and elsewhere.
* Medical: I was pre-med at Brown University and am frequently assigned to interpret for medical conferences. I hold a degree as an acupuncture practicioner.
* Nuclear, radiation protection : I handled linguistic issues regarding safety inspections in nuclear facilities for many years (Intercontrôle, AREVA, CEA, Framatome, EDF, Westinghouse, Senate hearings on nuclear energy)
* Finance: I worked in France for a US stockbroker and subsequently taught French brokers about the US stock market; I have also taught finance in French graduate schools (HEC).
I am familiar with terminology of finance and I am frequently assigned to interpret for top level negotiations (takeovers, mergers, shareholders' meetings, works councils, etc).
I often translate annual reports (EDF, VINCI) and financial documents (AXA, BNP, GEMPLUS, CFF, etc.)
* Politics and NGOs: I have translated for French president Jacques Chriac, Nicolas Sarkozy, Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë, Lyon Mayor Gérard Collomb;
I have assisted in many top level conferences (such as G8 negotiations) ; other clients include the European Space Agency, the French Assemblée Nationale, the French Senate, the Mairie de Paris, The Mairie de Lyon, etc.
* Business/Purchasing/Retail: Broad-ranging assignments for global groups such as Carrefour, Casino, Kingfisher, Axa, l'Oréal, and many others
Other fields: I am knowledgeable in a number of other fields including:
* Sustainable development,
* Industrial Safety
* The environment
* Global warming
* Oil exploration (Total, Schlumberger, CGG...) ,
* Union negotiations, Works councils, social affairs, training
* Education (European Commission funded training negociations & initiatives, French national eduction),
* Statistics (SPSS, StatLab...)
* Particle physics & Chemical Industry
* Scientific research (various fields)
* and many others.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in from Brown University where I studied Biology, Chemistry, BioChemistry, Particle Physics, Computer Science and Literature;
I hold two 'Licence es Lettres' (BA equivalent) from the Sorbonne in French and English literature,
I hold a Master's degree from the Sorbonne in French Literature
I hold a DEA (doctoral qualifier) from the Sorbonne in French Literature.
I hold a degree as an acupunture practicioner
I have had training as a computer programmer
I was trained in the stock market (Wertheim et cie.)
Please let me know should you require further information or references, I would be happy to provide these.
mobile +33 6 83 88 64 31