The person shown here is a basic user of this site. |
French to EnglishEnglish to FrenchSpanish to English
| Jere Hamilton |
Interpretation and translation, tech.
Local time: 20:05 CET (GMT+1)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Blue Board: Hamilton Europe |
|Translation, Interpreting, Website localization, Software localization, Training, Project management|
|Medical (general)||IT (Information Technology)|
|Human Resources||Government / Politics|
|Finance (general)||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Mathematics & Statistics|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||Media / Multimedia|
|Medical: Instruments||Medical: Health Care|
|Military / Defense||Petroleum Eng/Sci|
|Physics||Printing & Publishing|
|Marketing / Market Research||Management|
|Architecture||Automotive / Cars & Trucks|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Medical: Cardiology|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||Energy / Power Generation|
|Engineering (general)||Engineering: Industrial|
|Environment & Ecology||Insurance|
|Internet, e-Commerce||Investment / Securities|
|Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright||Automation & Robotics|
| PRO-level points: 4, Questions answered: 1 |
|PhD - sorbonne|
|Years of translation experience: 30. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 1999.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Catalyst, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, IBM CAT tool, Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
My name is Jere Hamilton; I am an experienced French/English - English/French
interpreter (20 years' expérience), specializing in numerous fields (see below).
I am based in France, the United States and Great Britain.
I can handle both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation both into English and into French; I was born in the US but I have lived in France for 25 years, did part of my university and graduate studies in France, and I am perfectly bilingual.
I also have Spanish as a C language.
My fields of expertise include:
* Computers: I do most of IBM's simultaneous interpreting (technical, marketing and finance) into French in France
I translate for Steve Jobs (Apple), Bill Gates (Microsoft) as well as Linus Towald (Linux), and for many other major players in the IT Market.
I have experience as a computer programmer.
I have worked on SAP implementation projects.
I have interpreted frequently in the framework of software development & specification projects.
* Telecom & Networking: British Telecom, France Telecom (R&D), Motorola (Canopy)
with expertise in leading edge research, local loop, Canopy, VOIP, TOIP, etc.
* Engineering: I have partipated in numerous localization (translation) projects in the CAD/CAM (CAO) field, including Autocad, Catia, and many others. I have interpreted for many years at Catia user conferences in France and elsewhere.
* Medical: I was pre-med at Brown University and am frequently assigned to interpret for medical conferences. I hold a degree as an acupuncture practicioner.
* Nuclear, radiation protection : I handled linguistic issues regarding safety inspections in nuclear facilities for many years (Intercontrôle, AREVA, CEA, Framatome, EDF, Westinghouse, Senate hearings on nuclear energy)
* Finance: I worked in France for a US stockbroker and subsequently taught French brokers about the US stock market; I have also taught finance in French graduate schools (HEC).
I am familiar with terminology of finance and I am frequently assigned to interpret for top level negotiations (takeovers, mergers, shareholders' meetings, works councils, etc).
I often translate annual reports (EDF, VINCI) and financial documents (AXA, BNP, GEMPLUS, CFF, etc.)
* Politics and NGOs: I have translated for French president Jacques Chriac, Nicolas Sarkozy, Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë, Lyon Mayor Gérard Collomb;
I have assisted in many top level conferences (such as G8 negotiations) ; other clients include the European Space Agency, the French Assemblée Nationale, the French Senate, the Mairie de Paris, The Mairie de Lyon, etc.
* Business/Purchasing/Retail: Broad-ranging assignments for global groups such as Carrefour, Casino, Kingfisher, Axa, l'Oréal, and many others
Other fields: I am knowledgeable in a number of other fields including:
* Sustainable development,
* Industrial Safety
* The environment
* Global warming
* Oil exploration (Total, Schlumberger, CGG...) ,
* Union negotiations, Works councils, social affairs, training
* Education (European Commission funded training negociations & initiatives, French national eduction),
* Statistics (SPSS, StatLab...)
* Particle physics & Chemical Industry
* Scientific research (various fields)
* and many others.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in from Brown University where I studied Biology, Chemistry, BioChemistry, Particle Physics, Computer Science and Literature;
I hold two 'Licence es Lettres' (BA equivalent) from the Sorbonne in French and English literature,
I hold a Master's degree from the Sorbonne in French Literature
I hold a DEA (doctoral qualifier) from the Sorbonne in French Literature.
I hold a degree as an acupunture practicioner
I have had training as a computer programmer
I was trained in the stock market (Wertheim et cie.)
Please let me know should you require further information or references, I would be happy to provide these.
mobile +33 6 83 88 64 31
Keywords: Interpretation, IT, computers, data processing, nuclear, finance, medical, CAD/CAM, software, localization, political, insurance, accounting, business, marketing
Profile last updated
Feb 13, 2007