Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Italian (Cambridge University (ESOL Examinations)) Spanish to Italian (University of Bologna (Italy)) English to Italian (University of Bologna (Italy)) English to Italian (American Translators Association, verified) Spanish to Italian (Universidad de Granada (ES))
Adobe Acrobat, DejaVu, Idiom, LogiTerm, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Abbyy FineReader, Adobe Acrobat, AnyCount 6.0, Deja Vu X 2 and 3, MS Office XP, PDF converters, SDL Studio 2011, Translation Office 3000 v8, Other CAT tool, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Translation Workspace, Wordfast
TRANSLATION: I've worked as a translator for 25 years now, 8 of which as in-house, covering PM, proofreading, editing and translation tasks. University Degree in Foreign Languages (University of Bologna), Certificate of Proficiency from Cambridge University, Diploma de Espanol Superior de la Universidad de Granada, ATA Certification. Long experience in software, IT, legal and financial translations. End clients include companies that are world leaders in their respective industries.
Translations are double-checked for spelling and interpretation errors.
CAT tools (see space in this page)
I'm a sworn translator.
INTERPRETING: Beside translations, I work as an interpreter supporting local companies in their business and technical contacts with foreign suppliers and clients. I also attended a Simultaneous Interpreting course at SSIT (Scuola Superiore per Interpreti e Traduttori) of Bologna.
- Consecutive EN>IT>EN Interpreter at Siemens-Eon Italian Gas/Steam turbine plant (3 weeks)
CONTINUOUS EDUCATION PROGRAMME:
Some courses/seminars/webinars attended;
- ATA CERTIFICATION EXAM - Passed in May 2006
- Training on SDLX 2006 - Nov. 2006
- Training on Deja Vu X - Nov. 2006
- Simultaneous Interpreting Course EN > IT > EN (2006/2007)
- ATA Webinar: How to get the most of your ATA Membership (Oct 2010)
- ATA Webinar: European Translators: Adapt Your Marketing Materials to Target US-based Clients (Feb 2011)
- La traduzione farmacologica - Fondamenti teorici e concettuali (Conceptual and theoretical basics of pharmaceutical translation) (Mar-Apr 2011)
- Strumenti per l'interpretazione e la traduzione del Legal English. Serena De Palma (Sept. 2011)
- Traduzione finanziaria: OICR, SICAV e fondi di investimento. Barbara Arrighetti (Jan. 2012)
- Il Legal English nei contratti internazionali. Serena De Palma (March 2012)-
- Il Diritto per tradurre - Luca Lovisolo (March 2012)
- Transcreation and copywriting - Claudia Benetello (Feb. 2013)
- Winespeak - Il linguaggio della vigna e del vino - Giles Watson and Roberto Cantori (Nov. 2013)
- Web copywriting - Studio Samo - Nov 2016
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
(Reference and company name shall be provided upon request)
@ I also wish to underline that the localization services provided by Ms. Pamela Brizzola are of extreme quality and reliability.
@ She shows a strong sense of commitment, undertakes assignments, completes them to the best satisfaction of our Incorporation.
@First, let me thank you for the great work you did on our Alchemy project. It was a pleasure to work with you and thanks to your professionalism we were able to not only deliver everything on time but also in good quality.
You are pleasure to work with – very professional, able to work under pressure and in a team.
@I would definitely recommend you to others. Conscientious and professional.
@We are very happy with Pamela’s services and continue to use her for freelance work.
@I'm very happy with your previous translation and I'll like to take you on for future translation projects from English into Italian.
@I wanted to let you know that the Italian LTC has just sent me the file of the book “How it Works” after your proofread. They found your proofread as a job well done.
@Your reputation at XXX is quite high!
@We made it successfully also thanks too you, our reviewers. Without your hard work and dedication, it would be hard to meet the client’s demands and deadlines. So I would like to thank each and every one of you.
@I wanted to let you know that I received feedback that your translation was excellent. So thanks again for your great work.
@Thank you so much Pamela. You are a dream to work with!
@ Non ti nascondiamo che lavorare con te è molto rassicurante per tre validi motivi: professionalità, bravura e PUNTUALITA' nelle consegne.
* Italian Proofreader/Editor for NAWS book "Funziona: Come e perchè" (It Works, How and Why) www.naws.org