IT freelance German technical writer since 1999, with experience in writing and localizing English<>German GUIs, technical texts, manuals, websites.
My GULP profile/CV is at https://www.gulp.de/gulp2/home/resume/grossmann?1. I'm also a member of the "tekom" (German association for technical documentation).
I'm specialized in software documentation, and in the last years especially in SAP translation.
In this field, I also work within the SAP R/3 system (development and test environments), for example:
* analyzing transports, packages, tables, menus, customizing data
* doing manual translations in SAP with the transactions SE63 and SLXT
* translating SAP GUIs of all modules with the tool SNP Dragoman (which I helped introducing into the company as one of two project members, so I dealt with a lot of SAP details)
* establishing a translation workflow for the SAP GUI terms, translating those either myself or giving them to my team
* establishing a translation workflow for SAP user documentation in a Confluence wiki, supporting the editors and ensuring the quality of my team's work
* as of late, also helping to compile SAP development documentation from various sources
Being close to bilingual, my German clients have found me to be a great match for their increasingly German/English IT environment, because I'm a very experienced software user/tester/techwriter and a translator in one person. For top English quality, I've cooperated with US editors with great results.
I'm also very experienced with long-distance work over the Internet, being able to work over VPN, via PKI web logins etc.
CAT Tools: MemoQ, Wordfast Anywhere
If you need any support in the field of software documentation and technical texts, I'm looking forward to hearing from you.