Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Freelance technical translator: English-French and French-English
NATIVE LANGUAGES : French and English with dual nationality and culture.
Born in England from a French mother and an English father, I was later raised and educated in France.
After finishing university, I worked from 1995 to 2004 in the UK as a process engineer in the water industry. I moved to France in 2005 where I have since been working full time as a freelance technical translator.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE :
10 years experience in the UK of which 8 years as a chemist/process engineer for a British environmental engineering consultancy part of the Suez group and 2 years as a process scientist for Severn Trent Water RD department.
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Environmental Studies and Environmental Engineering
Health and safety
Food industry, culinary and cookery
General and Industrial Engineering
MOST RECENT TRANSLATIONS (FR<>EN):
• Health and safety assessments and requirements for various industries (nuclear, gas and oil, chemical, food, fisheries, transport and packaging).
• Material safety data sheets (SDS/eSDS) in line with ECHA guidance and REACH regulation.
• Technical sections in renewable energy tender documents: hydroelectricity, photovoltaics and biofuels.
• Environmental impact assessments (EIA, ESIA).
• General and technical environmental documents relating to water, wastewater and waste.
• Capacity reviews and plant upgrade documents in the oil and gas industry.
• Publications by the European Forum for Urban Security: “Citizens, cities and videosurveillance”, “GOAL – preventing violence in sport”, “EU street violence” publication and database, “Safer Drinking Scenes”, “Innovative strategies for the prevention of reoffending”, “Use of CCTV”, “Manifesto of Aubervilliers and Saint-Denis”.
• Motor industry: Website updates for a large US manufacturer. Tyre manufacturing manuals, presentations and specifications.
• Brochures for a large player in the mining industry.
• Pest control: pest database and treatment options, training course for pest control technicians.
• Instruction and installation manuals for tools, site, office, medical and household equipment (from chemical tanks to filing cabinets, air scrubbers to washing machines, refrigerators to air conditioning units).
• General engineering - Instruction manuals, operating and maintenance manuals. General technical and scientific texts, mechanical engineering technical documents and equipment lists.
• Online training courses, automated helpdesks and voice prompts for IT / Sat Nav systems / games console.
• Food industry: websites and brochures on cheese, chocolate, delicatessen, sustainable fish and industrial baking.
• Culinary, cookery, gastronomy: translation of menus, recipes, technical and creative ingredient lists.
1995 - DEA Ingénierie du traitement et de l’épuration des eaux - INSA Toulouse
1992-94 - Licence and Maîtrise de Chimie - Université de Bordeaux I
1991 - DEUG Physique-Chimie - Université de Bordeaux I
1989 - One year as a Rotary Exchange Student in Pennsylvania, USA
1988 - Baccalauréat D
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.