Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a freelance Arabic-English translator and editor (native English speaker) and member of the UK Chartered Institute of Linguists. I have lived in Syria for a number of years and am currently based in the UAE.
I specialise in political, business and economic texts. Over the last two years, I have worked for Syria's leading business and private sector development agency and an economic and development consultancy firm as an in-house translator.
My freelance clients include an Arab government, a top-5 consultancy firm, international NGOs, a major Arab bank, academic researchers and many commercial businesses.
Major projects include:
- Strategy document for a Middle Eastern government
- Electoral Commission Handbook for an Arab government
- Report on the Egyptian Labour Market sponsored by EU agency European Training
- Annual report for an international bank
- Consultancy report on dairy and juice industry
- Cost of Living consultancy report
- Political and religious articles for international think tank
- Syrian Government’s “National Plan for People with Disabilities”
- Religious articles by Amr Khaled, a prominent Egyptian scholar
- Business contract for a supplier of military hardware and an Arab government
- Items of Syrian, Egyptian and Libyan legislation
- Reports from FIFA U21 Football World Cup
I have successfully completed the Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation (General Paper, Business Paper, Social Sciences Paper), hold an MA in Translation Studies from the University of Manchester and a BA in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Cambridge.
Please contact me for quotes or further details.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.