MIE, BCHE AND MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Santo Domingo 1569 Depto. 42A
RE: ENGLISH / SPANISH TRANSLATIONS:
FREE LANCE TRANSLATIONS FROM MY OFFICE ONLY. JOBS RECEIVED AND SENT BY e-mail as MS Word and other files.
EXPERIENCE AS A TRANSLATOR
1. THOUSANDS OF MANUALS, PRESENTATIONS, COURSES, PROCEDURES, SYSTEMS, MAGAZINES, BOOKS, CONTRACTS, START-UP MANUALS, TURN KEY PROJECTS (FROM CHEMICAL AND OTHER MANUFACTURING PLANTS TO THERMOELECTRIC STATIONS, AND FROM COMPUTERS AND COMPUTERIZED EQUIPMENT AND PROCEDURES, TO ANY KIND OF PLANT VALVES), TRANSLATED IN 30 YEARS.
2. TRANSLATED THE MASTERCARD MANUAL AND MODERN TRANSPORT MAGAZINE SEVERAL YEARS
3. ANY SUBJECT RELATED TO INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL CORPORATIONS
4. TRANSLATIONS FOR MANY BLUE CHIP CORPORATIONS (FORTUNE 500-1000), DURING MY 15 YEARS IN THE USA, BASED IN NEW YORK CITY. TRANSLATIONS FOR US BLUE CHIPS, EUROPEAN AND CANADIAN COMPANIES IN CHILE, FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS.
5. THE LARGEST JOBS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS WERE: A 600,000 WORDS ASSIGNMENT IN TURN KEY MANUALS IN 1996. A 500,000 WORDS ASSIGNMENT IN MANUALS IN 1997 AND A 400,000 WORDS ASSIGNMENT IN DESCRIPTIONS AND SAFETY DATA SHEETS FOR CHEMICAL PRODUCTS in 1999. On a cumulative basis, often translated subjects have been Investments and Finance, computers and related equipment, software and MSDS (Medical Safety Data Sheets).
6. INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT AT THE LEVEL OF PRESIDENT, OWNER, MANAGER AND MAIN SHAREHOLDER OF CORPORATIONS AND COMPANIES. I had to temporarily occupy several positions during my years as Management consultant. i.e. Plant Manager, Controller, Manager Financial Planning and Analysis, Vice President Finance, Production Planning and Control Manager, Quality and Safety Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Manager Feasibility Studies and Cost Reduction.
7. a) Increased production over 30% at the plants of a company with several plants with the same products. b) Defeated a huge warehouse project at a Blue Chip: the project was stopped immediately. c) Advised the closing of two plants in another company: the plants were closed. d) A decision at a Blue Chip had been made regarding the closing of a giant plant. I was consulted as second opinion. My report stated: Because of technological advances, increasing operating and maintenance costs, and times down, this plant should be closed. Other considerations become basically sunk cost considerations. A new plant, away from the city, with s. of the a. technology, should be built. e) I did not like the usual goggles, so I got a company to manufacture a set of custom safety goggles. f) I always watched several areas while advising, i.e. there were no safety problems visible in the Blue Chips I advised, while similar others could have a problem according to the news.
8. While consulting I traveled throughout the US, flying the friendly skies of United, AA, Delta. For two years a limousine took me daily from the Wall Street Area in Manhattan to the Blue Chip headquarters in New Jersey. Also, melted a car engine (Pennsylvania) or flooded car engines in New Jersey and Connecticut flooded highways, while traveling. Took helicopters from NYC buildings to the NJ Newark Airport. Drove thousands of miles per year in rented or owned cars that purchased and left at service stations, to take a plane back to Manhattan. A typical itinerary could cover plane from NYC to Chicago, then to South Carolina, from there to Ohio, then to Rhode Island, even once to Toronto, and then, Boston and back to NYC. I also drove my car several months from NYC through the Washington bridge to another Blue Chip in Connecticut and back. I left the car parked near the Hudson tunnel in NJ.
9. EXPERT IN THE USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS. I HAVE USED THOUSANDS OF PROGRAMS AND COMPUTER AND CONSOLE GAMES. I HAVE 200 CD-ROMS WITH US ENGLISH VERSIONS OF SONY CONSOLE GAMES, AND CONSTANTLY AM UPDATING MY COLLECTION, WRITING AND ADAPTING WALKTHROUGHS OR WRITING SUMMARIES FOR THESE GAMES.
EQUIPMENT AND PROGRAMS
1. Pentium 2 computer (56K Fax-Modem, DVD, 44X CD-ROM), 350 MHz, 6G, 17 inches monitor, for translations and Internet.
2. Pentium (56K Fax-Modem, 8X CD-ROM, printer) for Internet and printing.
3. Pentium (Scanner, 28K Fax-Modem, 8X CD-ROM) for faxes.
4. MS OFFICE 2000 premium, with Word 2000, Excel 2000, PowerPoint 2000, Publisher 2000, Access 2000, PhotoDraw 2000, FrontPage 2000. Perfect Office 8.0 with Word Perfect 8.0, Quattro Pro 8.0, Adobe Page Maker 6.5, Lotus Suite 96. Handbooks and Dictionaries in CD-ROM.
Handbooks include: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Marketing Handbook, Personnel Handbook, Manufacturing Handbook, Financial Handbok, Manual de la Producci