Freelance Translator and Editor
PT IPM Public Relations
2008 – present (5 years), Jakarta
Arrived as an in-house translator, this is the longest company I have worked for. I am still working for the company as a freelance translator.
- Samsung (backup translator)
- Goldman Sachs (daily news to English)
- Indocement (daily news to English)
- PT TVS Indonesia (monthly executive overview to English)
- PT TVS Indonesia (press releases to English and Indonesian)
- PT TVS Indonesia (daily news to English)
- BlackBerry (back-up translator, press releases and daily news)
- Sampoerna Foundation (backup translator and backup editor, at IPMPR)
- Etihad Airways (daily news, press releases to English and Indonesian)
- Rolex (daily news)
- Mastercard (daily news)
- Durex (daily news)
- Nike (daily news)
- Bayer (daily news)
- Cigna (backup translator and backup editor, at IPMPR)
- United Nations Population Fund/UNFPA (daily news to English)
October 2012 – March 2013 (6 month), Jakarta
My responsibilities were to translate research reports, weekly reports, interim reports, books, web portal and marketing kits.
August 2012 – October 2012 (3 month), Jakarta
Here, I translated news articles from Indonesian to English
January 2012 – October 2012 (10 months), Jakarta
I translated news articles for broadcasts from Indonesian to English. But it wasn't just about translating here as I had to summarize the articles before translating them in order to ensure that the English news version is shorter.
PT Fianindo Indonesia (indonesiafinancetoday.com)
March 2011 – October 2012 (1 year 8 moths), Jakarta
In this economic newspaper (print and online), I learnt more about economic terms as well as translating to English. I translated energy, banking and macroeconomic, markets and manufacturing articles (to English).
PT Indomedia DInamika (Businessweek Indonesia)
2006 – 2007 (1 year), Jakarta
I left my first company to work for PT Indomedia Dinamika, the publisher of Businessweek Indonesia magazine. In this company, I learnt quite a lot about translating to Indonesian language.
PT Prime Strategy Indonesia
2005 – 2006 (1 year), Jakarta
This is where my career as a translator began. Here, I translated website articles from Indonesian to English and vice versa.
January 2006 – present (7 years 9 months) Indonesia
- Cold Case (1 episode),
- ER (1 episode),
- Fringe (1 episode),
- Gilmore Girls (2 episodes),
- Gossip Girl (1 episode),
- The OC (2 episodes),
- Third Watch (5 episodes).
- Trauma (1 episode),
- Two and a Half Men (1 episode),
- The Ambulance (movie)
- Moonstruck (movie)
- Company profile: Exzellenz Institut
REPORTS AND JOURNALS
- Thesis report titled: Business Internationalization of a Mineral Drilling Company.
- Journal titled: Water Quality Distribution at Pari Island Cluster” (9 pages).
- Thesis titled: Business Internationalization of a Mineral Drilling Company.
- The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) research report for UNESCO (231 pages, geography).
- Indonesian Scientific Journal Management (editing).
- Safety Operating Procedures for PT Dunggio Drilling.
- Journal titled Curriculum-Based Ecosystems.
- Journal titled Housing Typolog and Interaction Pattern between Cluster Community and Low Income Community in Kemang: Towards Living in Harmony
- Survival Strategies of Balinese Refugees from East Timor
- Surviving the Crisis: A Quest for Prosperity. Publisher: PT Fianindo Indonesia.
- The New Era of Post Industry. Publisher: PT KataData
- Made in Indonesia. Publisher: PT KataData
- Contract of Work (Indonesian to English)
Basic legal translation (Atmajaya Catholic University)
Himpunan Penerjemah Indonesia (Association of Indonesian Translators)