Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Italian to German (Both as mother tongue.) English to German (Author of a renowned bilingual dictionary.) Portuguese to German (Seven years working in Brazil.) Spanish to German (Three years working in Argentina.)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Corel Ventura Publisher 4.2, Powerpoint
Author of a renowned "Dictionary of Electronics, Computing, Telecommunications and Media" (English/German, German/English), published by Springer Verlag (Berlin / New York et al.).
Polyglot (9 languages):
- German ("tongue of the mother", A language): 34 years living, studying and working in Germany.
- Italian (second mother tongue, A language): 22 years living, studying and working in Italy.
- Latin (helps a lot in etymology, C language): 8 years at school.
- Old Greek (helps a lot in etymology, C language): 5 years at school.
- English (fluent, B language): 40 years working experience.
- Spanish (fluent, B language): family language since three decades (Argentine wife), 3 years living and working in Argentina.
- Portuguese (fluent, B language): 7 years living and working in Brazil.
- French (reading practice, C language).
- Russian (basics).
- KudoZ points in 28 language combinations within three months.
Broadband education and professional experience:
- Primary schooling in Italy.
- Secondary schooling in Italy, humanistic branch, with emphasis on History (Italian Literature, Latin Literature, Old Greek Literature, Political History, History of Philosophy, History of Arts).
- University schooling in Germany, where I got a “Diplom-Ingenieur” degree from the Technical University of Munich in Technical Physics.
- 40 years professional experience in international sales of telecommunications equipment, involving also economic issues (cost calculation, financing, contractual documents among others).
KudoZ points in 85 fields and 35 language combinations (note: the incidence of languages and fields is heavilly dependent on the incidence of asked translations)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.