Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.
Postgraduate course in computer studies, University in Wroclaw, Poland
Graduated in English Philology (M.A. degree)
Studies at the University in Wroclaw, English Philology Department
freelance translator, teacher of English
with fifteen-year experience in translations and proofreading:
English into Polish and also Polish into English works
translations for a publishing house, translating agencies, companies, schools and private clients.
Punctuality and keeping deadlines is my priority;
I have good eye for details
I never produce word-for-word translations. My work coveys the the content of the source language with the spelling, grammar, style, semantics and composition correctness of the target.
I am especially sensitive to the correctness of a sentence and terminology
My everyday work includes translations in the area of:
* electronics, information communication technology: computer hardware/ software, digital appliances, mobiles, monitors, cameras, TVs, radios, players, etc. - manuals, user guides, information texts and leaflets
* software in automotive industry/ automotive texts: cars, trucks, tractors, locomotives, etc.-manuals, user guides, information texts and leaflets
* electrical appliances: ovens, cooking devices, other household devices, etc.-manuals, user guides, information texts and leaflets
* telecommunications services- website content and press releases
* construction technologies and materials
Other translations I did:
* a paper about an event in the Second World War
* legal contracts/agreements/documents
* surveys, market/marketing research
* websites of different, non-specialist content (including online translations)
* medical informational materials
* educational informational materials
* cosmetics and beauty products- leaflets, brochures, information texts
* business information/materials
* tourist guides
* food allergens and special diets
* health and safety at work- brochures/manuals
* logistics and transport- information materials
* CV`s, covering letters, business and private correspondence
Long and short texts in the areas mentioned above.
Essays, articles, letters, information/promotional leaflets.
Two books for a Polish publishing house concerning:
* British civilization- history, geography, politics, economy, institutions
* proofreading/ edition
* work on dictionaries and glossaries preparation
* research work (including both online and offline resources)
* language assistance
More details- available on request