• Localization - software, on-line help, websites, etc.
• IT – the Internet, hardware, software, networking, telecommunication, e-learning, storage, social media, messaging, end user licenses, connectivity, FTP, security, etc.
• Consumer electronics – documentation, specifications, hardware description, etc.
• Marketing - brochures, commercial letters, catalogues, etc.
• Tourism/travel-related content
LANGUAGES: EN/CA > ES
• 2016 - Course - Spanish Teacher by Cálamo & Cran, accredited by Universitat Europea de Madrid• 2013 - Community Management for translators, organized by ATRAE
• 2012 - Elementary Russian (ongoing course)
• 2007 - Course on Teaching Methodology of Spanish as Foreign Language, Universitat de Barcelona – IL3, Spain
• 2005 - Multimedia translation module included in the On-line Audiovisual Translation Master, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
• 2004 - Postgraduate degree in Translation and New Technologies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
• 2003 - Website design: HTML basics and Microsoft FrontPage 2002, CIM Mollet, Mollet del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
• 2003 - Sworn translator certification issued by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• 2002 - Bachelor’s degree in Translation and Interpreting, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
2005—Now, FREELANCE TRANSLATOR
• Website and software localization: user interfaces, online help, documentation
• New technologies and IT: the Internet, hardware, software, networking, telecommunication, e-learning, storage, social media, messaging, end user licenses, connectivity, FTP, security, etc.
• Manuals and user guides for GPS, printers, DVD players, etc.
• Consumer electronics: documentation, specifications and hardware description, etc.
• Marketing: brochures, commercial letters, catalogues, etc.
• Internal and external documentation for companies from several industries
• Editing and proofreading of documents and translated texts, writing of linguistic criteria and guidelines, and terminological and linguistic assessment
• Linguistic and functional testing of e-learning platforms
• Creation of terminological glossaries
• Quality assurance processes using Apsic XBench and other client programs
July 2011—October 2012, FREELANCE MULTILINGUAL PROJECT MANAGER in Kobalt Languages, Granollers, Barcelona, Spain
• Coordination and management of the whole translation process, from original file reception to client delivery
• Preparation of the files sent by the client
• Contact and negotiation with clients and translators
• Creation and maintenance of translation memories, and creation and updating of glossaries and linguistic criteria according to client’s preferences
• Translation quality assurance and query management
• Team work coordination
• Selection of new providers
Octuber 2010—May 2011, PROOFREADER, LANGUAGE LEAD AND PROJECT MANAGER ASSOCIATE in Tradnologies, Barcelona, Spain
• Localization of a hospital management platform
• Glossary creation and defining linguistic criteria
• Coordination of the team of translators and proofreaders
• Query managament
• Creation and management of translation memories and reference material
2004—2005, TRANSLATOR in SLS-International, Mataró, Barcelona, Spain
• Training period in SLS-International in Mataró, Barcelona, Spain, including translation tasks, multilingual project management and CAT memory maintenance, and DTP projects
2003—2004, ENGLISH TEACHER in DEC Idiomes, Montornès del Vallès, and Cambridge English Systems, Parets del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
• Different age and level groups