English to Spanish - Rates: 0.05 - 0.08 EUR per word / 20 - 25 EUR per hour English to Catalan - Rates: 0.05 - 0.08 EUR per word / 20 - 25 EUR per hour Catalan to Spanish - Rates: 0.05 - 0.08 EUR per word / 20 - 25 EUR per hour Spanish to Catalan - Rates: 0.05 - 0.08 EUR per word / 20 - 25 EUR per hour
Payment methods accepted
PayPal, Wire transfer
Bachelor's degree - Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Years of translation experience: 16. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2000.
English proficient C2
French independent B1
Attention to detail
Freelance translator and proofreader
- Translation and transcription from Catalan to English for the British company ALM Translations.
- Launch of my website Correcciones para autores noveles (Editing services for new authors). Proofreading and editing of novels by new authors.
- Launch of my website Mejoro tu currículum (I will improve your resume). Resume optimization, proofreading and translation.
United Kingdom (2013 - 2016)
Among other projects:
- Spanish to English translation of product catalogues for Itsa, a company in the field of designing and manufacturing street furniture, pavements and modular constructions.
- English to Spanish translation of Float Med Tec’s website. This company is active in selling spa pools and related equipment.
Barcelona, Spain (2009 - 2013)
United Kingdom (2008 - 2009)
United States (2005 - 2008)
Barcelona, Spain (2002 - 2004)
In-house translator and proofreader
Automatictrans (2004 – 2005)
Among other projects:
- Expanding and improving the Spanish > Catalan database of the company’s automatic translator.
- Developing the Catalan style guide of Caixa Sabadell and further edition of their website according to that same style guide.
- Translation of documents from Banco Madrid.
Translation agency specializing in medical and pharmaceutical texts. Among other projects:
- English - Spanish translation of marketing material from Roche Diagnostics and technical documents from Bausch & Lomb.
- French - Spanish translation of texts about newborn’s care from Laboratorios Ordesa.
Traduït (2001 – 2002)
Translation, proofreading and project management. Among other projects:
- Proofreading of Barcelona’s Energy Planning in its Spanish
- Translation, proofreading and project management of diverse employee training courses pertaining to the company Limra International.
Bachelor’s degree in translation and interpreting
Universitat Pompeu Fabra (1996 – 2000)
With English and French as source languages and Spanish and Catalan as target languages.
- Sworn translator for the English - Catalan language combination.
- ERASMUS student at the University of Surrey (UK).
- Participation in the translation of the book Relats del Far West, by Bret Harte and published by Edicions Proa.
- Catalan D level certificate granted by the Generalitat de Catalunya.
(2016 - 2017)
- Knowing and starting a business in social economy, by the Servei d’Emprenedoria i economia social from the Ayuntamiento de Terrassa, also with the Federació de Cooperatives de Treball de Catalunya.
- Course on collaborative economy (XET, Xarxa Emprenedora de Terrassa).
- Personal marketing course at Foment de Terrassa.
- Digital marketing basic course by Google Actívate certified by IAB Spain.
- Course on fundamentals for entrepreneurship by University of California, Irvine, through the online platform Coursera.
- Course on how to assess a business idea, by Barcelona Activa.
- Course on fundamentals of e-commerce by Universidad de Alicante through the online platform UniMooc.
- Online course on social commerce strategies: e-commerce through social networks, by Barcelona Activa.
- Babelcube (2016 - 2017)
Translation of books by new authors through this collaborative web platform.
- Time bank of Sta. Coloma de Gramenet (2017)
Book proofreading and related services as a member of this reciprocity-based work trading system.
- Club Català de Ciència Ficció, Fantasia i Fàndom (2009 – 2013)
Founder and board member. Webmaster and community manager for the association.
- Espatrek (2010)
Localization from Spanish into English of the website of this Spanish science fiction convention.
- NGO Entre Pobles (2000 – 2001)