Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
FRENCH (mother tongue 1), GERMAN (mother tongue 2), ENGLISH and SPANISH.
1999 to the present: Free-lance technical translator/interpreter in French, German, English and Spanish; between 1999 and 2003 this was in parallel with salaried employment.
Translation in the following fields, which are essentially technical:
Automotive (BMW, Rolls-Royce, Volvo Trucks, MAN, Audi, VW, Opel, Renault, Seat...)
Electronics/electrical /mechanical engineering
Machine-building (Krones, KLM, Beumer, Herrenknecht...)
Telecommunication (Swisscom, orange, cablecom, Sunrise, Alcatel...)
Aerospace/Defense (EADS, Eurocopter, Atrium, RUAG...)
Information technology: software / hardware (Siemens, Lenovo, Apple, IBM, transtec, SAP...)
Law (various tribunals in south-West Germany essentially)
The following CAT tools are mainly used for translation:
SDL Studio 2015)
December 2000 – June.2003: Nitta Industries Europe GmbH, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Customer Service Manager.
• Management of the Sales Administration Team consisting of 4 people
• Preparation of statistics and management charts for the Managing Director
• In charge of purchases from the parent company in Japan as well as European tool and raw material suppliers
• Customer care in four languages
• Management of stock at the external service-provider, stock-taking.
• Translation of brochures
• Internal company organisation
• Processing all documentary credits, definition of customer terms of payment
September 1997 – November 2000: Kisters Maschinenbau GmbH, 47533 Kleve, Germany
Positions held (starting from the most recent position):
- July 1999 – November 2000: responsible for sales administration in the Customer Service Center (spare parts and machine modifications) with responsibility for the direct follow-up of business with 32 countries. This position included :
• Management of a team of 7 office-based salesmen and technicians
• Customer care in English, German, French and Spanish
• Interpreting in technical and commercial meetings with customers
• Responsibility for and monitoring of a specified list of critical customers
- April 1998 – June 1999: Assistant to the Administration Manager responsible for sales of machines and machine conversions in French and Spanish speaking countries, the Far East and Oceania.
- September 1997 – March 1998: internship focusing on technical translation with in-depth familiarization with the following areas: pneumatics, mechanics, electricity, logic, etc.
December 1995 to April 1997 : 3ème Régiment de Cuirassiers (French armoured regiment), Chenevières (Meurthe-et-Moselle) :
English instructor, responsible for teaching English to the commissioned and non-commissioned officers of the regiment, the preparation of non-commissioned officers for the competitive entrance examination to the officers’ training school as well as acting as secretary to the “Escadron d’Eclairage Divisionnaire N°7” (Number 7 Divisional Reconnaissance Squadron).
July and August 1995: internship with practical translation experience at the Air Accident Investigation Office of the French Civil Aviation Board (Bureau Enquêtes-Accidents à la Direction Générale de l’Aviation Civile): translation into American English of reports to be sent to the National Transportation Safety Board, the American equivalent of the French Air Accident Investigation Office.
September 1994 to June 1995: NATO / Advisory Group for Aerospace R&D, Neuilly (Hauts-de-Seine):
internship with study of terminology: creation of English-French aerospace glossaries for AGARD (Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development).
1996: Diploma in General Translation (Diplôme de traducteur généraliste) from the University of Rennes 2, Brittany.
1995: 3rd year at the Translation / Terminology Section of the Institut Supérieur d’Interprétation et de Traduction (ISIT); the course was attended from the first year. As well as teaching translation, editing and revision, ISIT offers general courses in civil, commercial and constitutional law, geopolitics, economics, basic and medical terminology as well as stylistics. The course was interrupted by military service.
1996: Advanced Diploma in Business Spanish from the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
1995: Certificate in Business Spanish from the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
1994: Diploma in Business English from the Franco-British Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
1991: Series C Baccalauréat (mathematics and physical sciences), Académie de Créteil.