Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
• A passion for languages has led to my becoming a free lance translator and interpreter, after having completed a doctorate in chemistry and worked in research and industry for 18 long years! Now I am enjoying every moment of it - and the words of appreciation I sometimes get from my clients are the best encouragement one can expect.
• I have also been an assiduous learner. I was really happy when I won a scholarship to attend an advanced German language course in Munich. That’s when I decided to make a career switch and start working full time as a languages and specialised services consultant.
• The working experience in research and industry has proved to be of immense help in my present career as a language professional.
• So has the work ethic, and the ability to plan which have been strengthened over the years - I know when to say no, when I ought to advice a client to approach a colleague of mine, maybe - or just be patient for a while, if it is possible!
• I have acted as a team builder during most of my professional life - and continue to enjoy collaboration with colleagues - young and old, specialising in varied fields and language pairs.
• I am also a very socially conscientious person, and volunteer for various activities.
• I hope I will be able to savour the association with so many clients, colleagues and people, working with them and helping them professionally and personally.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.