Chinese to French (École Supérieure d'Interprètes et de Traducteurs (Université de la Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris III)) English to French (École Supérieure d'Interprètes et de Traducteurs (Université de la Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris III))
Because I graduated from the best French translation school (ESIT).
Because I have a 5 year experience as a freelance translator.
Because I’m always very responsive and available for queries and new projects.
Because I can meet challenging deadlines and work with all kind of formats.
Because I know what marketing is about and understand that concepts need to be adapted according to the targeted market.
Because I always assess the difficulty, and don’t accept jobs if I’m not 100% sure that I can deliver top quality.
Because I’ve also worked as a project manager and therefore know what your expectations are.
Because I’m friendly, calm, flexible, and always pleasant to deal with.
Because you need me!
· Three-year course (master 2) of Economical and Technical Translation at the ESIT: French Graduate School of Interpreters and Translators in English and Chinese.
· Six-month course in Chinese at SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), London.
· Summer course at Shanghai Shifan Daxue (Shanghai Normal University)
· DULCO in Chinese (three-year degree course in Chinese language and civilisation) graduated from the INALCO (National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilisations).
· Baccalauréat (certificate of secondary education) magna cum laude, literary section. Options: English, Spanish, Latin, rock-climbing.
OTHER WORK ASSIGNMENTS
Project Manager at Linguamax, translation agency based in Kent.
Translation assignment (EnglishFrench) for the China-Europa Forum
(中欧论坛), organized by the Foundation for Human Progress.
Three-month work placement at the China Exim Bank (中国进出口银行),
Chinese state-owned bank. (Translation, interpreting.)
Three-month work placement at Chantal Pulé Traduction, translation agency. (Contact with clients, estimates, contact with translators, proofreading, translations…)
Four-month work placement at Noir sur Blanc, press relation and communication agency. (Contact with clients, contacts with journalists, writing of press releases, press monitoring, translations.)