The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
English to French
French to English
| theattic |
Local time: 13:26 SAST (GMT+2)
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Subtitling, Transcription|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Cinema, Film, TV, Drama|
|Poetry & Literature||Government / Politics|
English to French - Rates: 0.07 - 0.09 USD per word / 35 - 37 USD per hour
French to English - Rates: 0.07 - 0.09 USD per word / 35 - 37 USD per hour
| USD |
|Years of translation experience: 19. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2008.|
|English to French (South African Translators' Institute / Suid-Afrikaanse Vertalersinstituut)|
|SATI / SAVI|
|Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, systran, Powerpoint|
- More than five years of experience in translation and organisation of events from conception through to completion. Member of the South African Translators Institute; understanding of the translation industry. Strong knowledge of translation and publishing softwares SYSTRAN, Final Draft, glossary and file management.
Assignments: PUBLISHING - Editions Bartholdi (Mauritius), Editions Mutine (France), Red carpet Publishing (Mauritius) INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS - South African Institute for International Affairs, Johannesburg - Alliance Française of Gaborone (Botswana), SADC Secretariat (Botswana), BREDA - UNESCO (Senegal), Africa Centre for Strategic Studies - Department of Defence (United States) - ADVERTISING - Imagine Communication (Mauritius), Talipot Productions (Mauritius), Creation Studio (Mauritius), Circus Advertising (Mauritius), Grey Worldwide (Mauritius). TEXTILE - Textile Machinery and Services (Mauritius), Mast Industries (Mauritius), Novel Group of Companies (Mauritius) OTHER: SATIM - Société d’Archivage et de Traitement de l’Information à Maurice, Rogers (Mauritius), De Chazal du Mée (Mauritius), Nestlé (Mauritius).
- Programme coordinator at the Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation (daily management, film acquisition, promotion of local productions, drafting of press communiqués…)
- - Participation to international film festivals (MIPCOM, MIPTV, FESPACO) and scriptwriting studio workshops.
- Ability to prioritise while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a hectic, time sensitive environment.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Well travelled throughout the African Continent and Europe.
- Enrolled in the online Internet Governance, Cyber Diplomacy, Diplomatic Law: privileges and Immunities course at the Diplofoundation, University of Malta.
Mr Steven Gruzd – Head of APRM and Governance project – South African institute of International affairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Vincent Garrigues - Regional Audiovisual Attaché French Embassy in Pretoria email@example.com
Mr Fareed Jangheer Khan - Chairman of the Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Pascal Tomasini - Consulate and Director of the Alliance Française of Maseru - Lesotho email@example.com
Mr Pierre Block de Friberg - In charge of the documentary unit France 5 firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: international organization, french, france, mauritian, film, movie, radio, island, media, script, screenplay, book, publishing
Profile last updated
Aug 14, 2009