My specialization is Software engineering. I have 5+ years experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Technical Editor and Translator.
I am currently working as a translator. My area of choice is everything that is related to computers and the internet, or technical documentations. I have translated for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Geneva, for Maison de la Culture de Saint-Gervais (Geneva) and for the European Zen Association. I also edited Computer Science publications and University thesis.
Recently translated projects:
- Marketing document/slides using MS Word and Powerpoint (14500 words)
- Technical Help file using Robohelp 2000 (14,000 words) - 48 files were from a previous translation which I had to update to the new version of the machine, and 55 files which I had to translate from scratch.
- Legal document using Word 2000 (20,000 words).
- Technical description of sealant products for a website (600 words).
- Software documentation using FrameMaker 5.5.6 (1800 words).
- Technical documentation related to safety, using FrameMaker 5.5.6 (300 words).
Software: MS Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Robohelp 2000, Framemaker 5.5, PageMaker 6.5, Adobe Illustrator.