Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation - English Professional Negligence Liability
Insurer will pay, on behalf of the insuree, for damages incurred by any professional malpractice, caused by the insuree's first professional malpractice liability and/or professional negligence practice, being capable or not capable to provide professional financial services, claimed by a third party, caused by the professional malpractice against the insuree, during the effective period of insurance coverage. The insuree has to report the claim to the insurer immediately, during the effective period of insurance coverage.
English to Thai: Sample of Transportation, Boat Transport & Boat Transfer General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Transport / Transportation / Shipping
Source text - English SOP 49 - Boat Transport & Boat Transfer
The purpose of this familiarization of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is to ensure all personnel being transported by boat and or making boat transfers are aware of and practiced in the methods of being transported by boat and in making a safe boat or basket transfer.
This “Familiarization” of SOP-49 is intended to give knowledge and understanding to personnel who, as passengers, are being transported by boat and who are or will make boat or basket transfers. Boat operators, Captains, PIC’s, Facility Supervisors and Transfer Tenders must read fully, understand and comply with SOP-49 in full.
General Boarding and Onboard Safety
Personnel boarding any SASBU-operated vessel for the first time must tell the dispatcher, Master, or crewmember designated by the Master so they can be appropriately briefed.
Except for crew change transfers, prior to boarding individuals shall provide the dispatcher / Master (or designated crew member) his/her name, company, destination, and any other requested information for proper manifesting.
Personnel shall follow all instructions from the Master or crew regarding loading procedures, seating arrangement, smoking restrictions, and storing luggage and cargo.
Flammable or other potentially hazardous materials, including compressed gas cylinders, shall not be transported on crew boats when the boat is transporting passengers unless the boat is certified for this service.
Emergency egress routes shall be maintained at all times. Cargo or other items shall not block egress routes.
All passengers shall wear a snugly fitted Type V or better personal floatation device (PFD) during all phases of personnel transfer. The one exception is during personnel transfer by a ramp with guard rails (e.g., during crew change), unless required by the Master (or designated crew member).
Passengers and crew shall wear appropriate hearing protection when necessary.
Passengers may remain on deck of a vessel only if the deck has approved handrails (as appropriate), a PFD is worn, and the Master allows it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms in this website or by otherwise contacting us through our website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this website.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We never use or install spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
Like many websites, we use «cookies», which are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. Cookies help us to identify account holders and to optimize their site experience. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. We recommend that you leave cookies «turned on» so that we can offer you a better experience on this website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the personal data
We use data held about you in the following ways:
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (including your smartphone or other electronic device).
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our services.
Through your use of this website, we may also gather certain information about your use of the website that does not identify you individually. Generally, this information is collected through «traffic data». We collect and store such information automatically whenever you interact with this website. For example, we collect your IP address, the hostname of your computer, browser information and reference site domain name every time you visit this website. We also collect information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information does not, however, contain anything that can personally identify you; it is used to analyze and improve this website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling Internet experience.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company The *CONFIDENTIAL* Group Ltd and its subsidiaries, both in Switzerland and abroad.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
– Who help us administer this website (such as our Internet service providers) or to provide the services you are requesting, both in Switzerland and abroad. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as *CONFIDENTIAL* .
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, provided that we have contractually ensured that this information is kept private and secure and that when supplying this personal data we comply with the applicable local laws.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You have the right to receive information about which personal data concerning you is processed and in which manner the data is processed. You are also entitled to request rectification or deletion of your personal data, or to withdraw at any time your consent to our data processing.
Any such request must be made in writing to *CONFIDENTIAL* Ltd, or through [email protected] *CONFIDENTIAL* .com.
English to Thai: CEO Weekly Leadership Message General field: Bus/Financial Detailed field: Business/Commerce (general)
Source text - English Dear Colleague,
As I have stated in the past, Information Technology is one of the key foundational elements of the [COMPANY NAME] strategy. Since the last time I talked about our IT organization, there have been some important accomplishments made. Our IT team is leading a significant effort to fundamentally rebuild our IT infrastructure – which is critical to running contemporary business and something that historically has not been a focus for [COMPANY NAME].
Over the past 2 years, IT has been following a simple mandate – develop and implement a “One IT” strategy to support [COMPANY NAME] initiatives. There are three key elements of this strategy. Stabilize by addressing burning platforms and resource risks; Modernize through talent management and systems upgrades; and Optimize by developing and leveraging a shared services platform.
2016 was a year of significant change and improvements on the IT front. Below is a partial list of the accomplishments:
· Infrastructure & datacenter refresh for CSD, TRAC Crewe and CNV
· Epicor/CITS ERP implementation at CSD
· Mercury implemented in Guaymas
· SBU P&L application developed and implemented
· Office 365 implemented
· CHOL – new clocking system for enhanced labor tracking
· Implemented a global IT help desk, currently processing over 700 tickets per week
The IT team is off to a quick start in 2017 with activities and accomplishments to continue to drive the “One IT” and [COMPANY NAME] efforts. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) was implemented at Guaymas and TRAC Crewe significantly driving costs down at these two sites. We will implement VOIP at other sites throughout the year based on cost opportunities.
We migrated our mobile service to Verizon in North America for cost savings and enhanced performance. EPICOR ERP implementation is underway at CGA, and is planned for TRAC Crewe by the end of the year. CNY will begin an infrastructure and datacenter refresh in Q3,which will prepare the site for an EPICOR ERP project in 2018. The remaining high-risk systems, mainly AS400, are being moved to a hosted datacenter to ensure availability – CGA, CSD and CCS have already been migrated.
I also want to recognize the IT team for their heroic efforts performed at CGA. The AS400 system in Newnan had a major failure on January 22nd. Although there were contracts in place with the vendor to immediately repair the system and restore capability, the vendor was unsuccessful, putting the site, and our customers’ deadlines, at risk. The global IT team pulled together and deployed resources to CGA from multiple sites. They brought the AS400 capability back online in a nearby datacenter, limiting the negative impact to our customers.
This is a great example of what it means to be [COMPANY NAME]. And it’s why I have such high expectations for the future of our business.
Translation - Thai เรียนเพื่อนร่วมงานทุกท่าน
ตามที่ผมเคยได้พูดไปแล้วในอดีตที่ผ่านมาว่า เทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศเป็นองค์ประกอบพื้นฐานที่สำคัญประการหนึ่งของกลยุทธ์ [COMPANY NAME] ตั้งแต่ครั้งสุดท้ายที่ผมได้พูดถึงหน่วยงานด้านไอทีของเราไปแล้วนั้น เราก็ได้เห็นผลงานความสำเร็จชิ้นสำคัญหลายประการจากฝ่ายไอที ทีม IT ของเราเป็นผู้นำในการสร้างโครงสร้างพื้นฐานทาง IT ของเราขึ้นมาใหม่ ซึ่งถือเป็นสิ่งสำคัญในการดำเนินธุรกิจในยุคปัจจุบัน และเป็นสิ่งที่ [COMPANY NAME] ไม่ได้ให้ความสำคัญมากนักในอดีตที่ผ่านมา
KIM A MEYERS
Professional & Native Freelance Translator, with Expertise in I/T and Business
Profile & Clients and Colleagues’ Feedback: www.proz.com/profile/1030502
1-312-515-1165 [email protected]
SERVICES & SKILLS SUMMARY
Services: Translation, Editing, Proofreading, Subtitling, Transcription
Working Languages: English to Thai, Thai to English
S/W & CAT Tools: SDL Trados Studio 2017, MS Office Professional 2016, Adobe Acrobat XI
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Localization / Games
- I/T (Hardware & Software)
- Product Manual
- Business Letters
- Employee Survey
- Film & Video Subtitling
- Commercial Ads
- Legal/ Diploma/ Certificate
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES & RECENT CLIENTS
* LOCALIZATION: SOFTWARE, WEBSITE & PRODUCT MANUALS
- Localized GoTinder.com website, and their app – Tinder App
- Localized Package, User Instructions, Pamphlet, FAQs for AlphaTRAK 2 Starter Kit - Blood Glucose Monitoring System for Pets
- Localized Website for A-Gas: Specialty Chemicals and Gases (Refrigerants, Halons, Blowing Agents)
- Translated Google Analytics' Terms of Service (http://www.google.com/intl/th/policies), updated on 09/2012
- Localized RESELIVA – Online accommodation system (www.reseliva.com/for-hotels/booking-engine/)
- Localized MYPAY HUB – Online wallet system (www.mvpayhub.com/index.jsp)
- Localized PAYLUTION – Online payment portal (www.paylution.com/index.jsp)
- Localized many computers, laptops, printers, and USB readers’ user manuals
- Localized MONAVIE LLC – Pharmaceuticals/ Nutritional Products (th.monavie.com/th)
- Localized THE WORLD BANK’s Website (www.worldbank.org/th/country/thailand)
- Localized iOS, Windows Phone, and Android Apps – imo Messenger, Tiger Fighter (Slot Game), Hike, Night Sky, Night Sky 2, InstaWeather, Keeper Password Manager, hike messenger, Lookout Security & Antivirus, Viber (itunes.apple.com/th/app/viber/id382617920?l=th&mt=8)
- Localized MyScript Stylus application -- a handwriting recognition software
- Localized Towers Watson’s online and paper surveys, employees reward programs for many companies
- Localized Disney Consumer Products portal
- Translated Kawamura International’s website (www.web-lingual.jp/kawamura_international/ta/index.html)
- Translated/Edited PHILIPS LIGHTOVER – Philips LED Lighting
- Translated SWATCH – Official Swatch Website, and Swatch Art Peace Hotel (www.swatch.com/th_th)
- Translated THE STAR – Casino’s contracts
- Translated E-BUILDER.NET – Capital Program & Project Management Software
- Translated, transcribed, and subtitled commercial videos, for Microsoft’s Partnership Project in Thailand, Intel Corporation
- Translated Handouts for IMF's (International Monetary Fund) Asia and Pacific Department's Regional Economic Outlook UPDATE 2012 (www.imf.org/external/lang/thai/pubs/ft/reo/2011/apd/areo1011ext.pdf)
- Translated and Implemented Desktop Publishing (DTP) for Chevron’s commercial ads and leaflet
- Translated American Councils for International Education’s Educational Seminar Programs, and many Language Schools and School District in US and Canada
------- All handouts, manuals, biographies, schedule, survey, program debrief
- Burnaby School District’s website (Vancouver, BC Canada) (http://www.studyinburnaby.ca/?lang=th)
* LEGAL / GOVERNMENT-ISSUED DOCUMENTS / BUSINESS
- Translated Court Orders / Diploma / Certificate / Immigration-related Documents
------- Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate, ID card, Diploma, Divorce Certificate, Name Change Certificate, Death Certificate, Letter of Certificate, Driving Permit, and Receipts
- Business Business Confidential Matter – Newsletter (CHROMALLOY’s Insight Newsletters), Buyout, Acquisition, CEO Announcements, and Business Reorganization Petition
- Translated Regal Beloit's Integrity & Compliance (Code of Conduct, Conflict Minerals, Global Anti-Corruption) (investors.regalbeloit.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=116222&p=irol-govIntComp)
* I/T Specialist, IBM Corporation, Chicago IL 2007-2009
* Database Management System Intern, The Salvation Army, Syracuse NY, 2006
* M.S. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, Syracuse University, 2006, Syracuse, New York, USA
* B.A. ENGLISH LITERATURE, Ramkhamhaeng University, 2003, Bangkok, THAILAND
- Available upon request
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.