English to French (Université de la Sorbonne Nouvelle, ParisIII, verified) English to French (Université du Maine, Le Mans, verified) Spanish to French (Université de la Sorbonne Nouvelle, ParisIII, verified) Spanish to French (Université du Maine, Le Mans, verified) English (Université du Maine, Le Mans, verified)
French (Université du Maine, Le Mans, verified) English to French (Certificate in Translation)
I am an English and Spanish to French certified translator based in Mexico and I specialize in gender issues, international cooperation and environment. My clients are Mexican public institutions, researchers, NGOs, UN agencies, freelancers, and think-tanks.
I am an O.M.T member.
As a former journalist I like the accurate word in the right context.
The following translations have been published in university press.
• Effects of Technological Change on Rural Women: A Review of Analysis and Concepts. Ann Whitehead/IHEID (Cahiers genre et développement, n°8 Paris, l’Harmattan, 2012)
• Engendering the Political Economy of Agrarian Change. Shahra Razavi/IHEID (Cahiers genre et développement, n°8 Paris, l’Harmattan, 2012)
• Ph.D English thesis in social anthropology: The Religious Body: Embodied Identity in San Augustín, State of Jalisco, Mexico. (Dr Alejandra Aguilar Ros/CIESAS)
• African Organization for Standardization (ARSO) : report on traditional medicine
• World Bank: Medium Term Agriculture Sector Investment Plan (METASIP) in Ghana
• World Bank: Health service delivery indicators survey in Tanzania
• World Bank: Climate change governance in Burkina Faso
• World Bank: Good environmental governance in Burundi (REDD+ strategy)
• Different documents on gender issues and development (US NGO)
• Sexual-based violence in the context of transitional justice (UN agency)
• Template for promoting gender equality to reduce teenage pregnancy in Benin (NGO)
• Proofreading of an article on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015 and the UNDP Gender Equality Strategy
• Report on hygiene promotion and a sanitation capacity development plan among women in Pakistan (NGO)
• Gender issues, rural development, public policies and new technologies (published in a book by The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva and l’Harmattan in Paris).
• Spanish anthropological articles on the Huichol Women by Dr Alejandra Aguilar (published by the Mexican Center for Social Anthropology, CIESAS)
• PowerPoints on the UNOPS’ commitments in gender issues
• Articles and e-mail blasts on carbon divestment (NGO)
• Articles and e-mail blasts on fossil fuel divestment (NGO)
• Waste lube oil pilot project in Algeria (EU funded program)
• The UNFCCC Executive Secretary’s speech : “Financing the transition to a green global economy”
• The NAMAs at Asia Carbon Forum (UN agency)
• The Virunga National Park in DRC (NGO)
• The Sustainable Water Integrated Management (SWIM) Program (EU funded program)
• Press release on The Global Divestment Day (NGO)
• Articles on climate change and the COP 21 (Translation agency)
• Environmental profile of Caribbean islands (biodiversity, endemism, environmental governance) (Translation agency)
• Partner certificate for the Great Apes Survival Partnership (NGO)
• Reforestation in Western Africa (Technical data sheet) (NGO)
• Action-sheet on reducing crop-raiding by elephants in rural Africa (NGO)
• Spanish medical report on Argentinian villages sprayed with pesticides and its consequences on local population (Translation agency)
• Mexican environmental organization’s charter on urban mobility and democracy for a Carfree conference
• Spanish website on genomics and biotechnology (Freelance translator)
• Translation and transcription of Spanish and English documents since 2007 including articles, conferences and interviews on religion and identity in Mexico, the Huichol identity, Indigenous migration on the Mexican border, Indigenous women, shamanism. (Dr Alejandra Aguilar, CIESAS)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
Keywords: French translation, international trade, Mexican politics, Mexico, gender issues, women and microcredit, foreign investments, Latin America, NAFTA, small and medium sized business, the media, journalism, Indians in Mexico, Huichol Indians and migration, social science, empowerment, international development, environment, ecology, NGOs, women and public policies, pollution, women in Asia, Africa, Latin America, World Bank, UN agencies, social anthropology, researchers, universities, Mexican public institutions.