Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
1. Remove the engine from the frame (see page 10-2).
2. Remove the fixings securing the gear position sensor to the torsional damper shaft housing.
3. Withdraw the sensor and collect its O-ring.
1. Gear position sensor
4. Release the bolts securing the damper shaft housing to the crankcases.
5. Withdraw the damper shaft assembly.
6. Collect the gear position indicator shaft from inside the crankcase, taking care to not drop the spring and plunger from its outer end.
1. Gear position indicator shaft
The torsional damper shaft assembly is often a tight fit in the crankcase. Never level or force implements between the crankcase and housing as this will damage both components. Gently use a soft-faced mallet to ease the components apart.
1. Release the three bolts and remove the bearing retainer plate from the damper shaft housing.
2. Press the shaft assembly from the housing as follows:
• Support the housing on press bars as shown above right.
• Ensure the housing is supported as close as possible to the bearing outer race, but such that it will allow the bearing to pass through.
• Press the shaft from the housing, collecting the shaft as it is released.
1. Damper shaft housing
2. Press bars
3. Remove and discard the oil seal from the damper shaft housing.
4. Working from the gear end of the shaft, remove and discard the circlip.
5. Remove the collet retaining cap.
6. Remove the two collets.
1. Collet retaining cap
Translation - Portuguese [Páginas 11 e 12]
Eixo do amortecedor torcional
1. Remova o motor da estrutura (veja a página 10-2).
2. Remova as peças que prendem o sensor de posição da engrenagem à carcaça do eixo do amortecedor torcional.
3. Retire o sensor e recolha o respectivo O-ring.
1. Sensor de posição da engrenagem
4. Solte os parafusos que prendem a carcaça do eixo do amortecedor aos cárteres.
5. Retire o conjunto do eixo do amortecedor.
6. Recolha o eixo indicador de posição da engrenagem de dentro do cárter, tomando o cuidado para não derrubar a mola e o êmbolo de sua extremidade externa.
1. Eixo indicador de posição da engrenagem
O conjunto do eixo do amortecedor torcional geralmente está bem encaixado no cárter. Nunca nivele ou force implementos entre o cárter e a carcaça, pois isso danificará ambos os componentes. Use um macete de cabeça macia para separar os componentes delicadamente.
1. Solte os três parafusos e remova a placa de retenção do rolamento da carcaça do eixo do amortecedor.
1. Carcaça do eixo do amortecedor
2. Placa de retenção do rolamento
2. Com uma prensa, retire o conjunto do eixo da carcaça, da maneira descrita a seguir:
• Apóie a carcaça nas barras da prensa, conforme mostrado acima, à direita.
• Verifique se a carcaça está apoiada o mais próximo possível do sulco externo do rolamento, mas de maneira que permita que o rolamento passe.
• Prense o eixo para fora da carcaça, recolhendo-o quando for liberado.
1. Carcaça do eixo do amortecedor
2. Barras da prensa
3. Remova e descarte a vedação de óleo da carcaça do eixo do amortecedor.
4. Trabalhando a partir da extremidade da engrenagem do eixo, remova e descarte o anel de segurança.
1. Anel de segurança
5. Remova a tampa de retenção do mandril.
6. Remova os dois mandris.
Years of translation experience: 22. Registered at ProZ.com: Apr 2002. Became a member: Dec 2005.
English to Portuguese (USP, Post-graduation in Translation, verified) English to Portuguese (PUC, Bachelor in Languages, verified) English to Portuguese (Cambridge University, Certificate of Proficiency, verified) English to Portuguese (Michigan University, Certificate of Proficiency, verified)
Get help on technical issues / improve my technical skills
Learn more about the business side of freelancing
Improve my productivity
• Technical Translator since 1997. Full-time dedication since 2000. Millions of words translated, working for direct clients and translation agencies around the world.
• Member of ATA – American Translators Association – number 266300
• Areas of expertise:
Software Localization (Windows and Apple terminology)
Mechanical Engineering (Machinery, CNC Programming, Automotive)
Marketing and Business (Websites and Documents)
Telecommunications (Mobile Phones, Systems)
Technology in general (Hardware, Computer Networks, Medical Systems)
Subtitling (TV-shows and movies)
Literature (novels, literature for teens, autobiographies, business books)
• Some examples of clients:
Direct clients: Dropbox (Head External Linguist for the Brazilian Portuguese Team), JBT Corporation, Komedi Books, Pandorga Books. In collaboration with translation agencies, translated documents for the following final clients: Microsoft, Apple, HP, Xerox, Chrysler, Peugeot, Caterpillar, GE Healthcare, Philips Medical Systems, Motorola, Ericsson, SAP, 6-Sigma Academy, Alfa Laval, Cisco, John Deere, Google, Universal, Paramount, Sony, Bombardier, Komedi Books, Pandorga Books, etc.
• Some examples of participation on translation projects:
Website, marketing, file-sharing provider. Thousands of words translated using proprietary software.
Robotic automated guided vehicles for manufacturing settings, 45,000 words. Studio 2015 SP2.
CNC Programming Manual for a milling machine. 270,000 words. Editing. Studio 2014 SP2.
Software project for hospital facilities administration, several different modules. Also user and administrator manuals. More than 400,000 words translated using Studio 2014 SP2.
Translation of printers manuals. On-going project, more than 100,000 words translated so far.
Software for an electronic microscope, plus documentation. About 80,000 words.
Manuals for ATV vehicles, jet-skis, snowmobiles and roadsters. Thousands of words translated.
Book: Circuits, by Ricardo Cruzeiro. Artwork. About 30,000 words. Portuguese into English.
Books: Mackenzie Blue I to IV, by Tina Wells. Literature for teens. About 345,000 words.
Book: Nearly Departed, by Hook Hastings. Literature for teens. About 70,000 words.
Book: Forget You, by Jennifer Echols. Literature for teens. About 100,000 words.
Book: Golden Bones, by UN ambassador Siv Sichan. Autobiography. 99,600 words.
Book: The 60th Second Organizer, by Jeff Davidson. Business. 48,000 words.
Application software for a telephony system. About 65,000, including software and documentation. Using Catalyst, Passolo and SDL Trados Studio.
Mobile phone user’s guide. About 20,000 words using SDL Trados Studio.
Software Application, similar to MSOffice. Entire software + documentation. About 25,000 words using SDL Trados 2007.
6 Sigma Black-Belt and Master Black-Belt Courses. 1,200 PowerPoint Slides. About 80,000 words.
Maintenance manuals for automobiles. About 155,000 words using MS Word.
16 episodes of the Star Trek series, from Paramount, among other long movie features (88 in total).
• Bilingual executive secretary for the board of directors for over 13 years (from 1987 to 2000) at the following companies:
Bosch, Compaq, Volvo, General Electric and Motorola.
• Postgraduate degree in Technical Translation – USP (University of São Paulo), Brazil, 2004
• Bachelor degree in English/Executive Secretary – Catholic University of Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil, 1988
Main additional courses and certificates
• Certificate of Proficiency in English – Cambridge University, United Kingdom – 1997
• Certificate of Proficiency in English – Michigan University, United States – 1994
• The peculiarities of Literary Translation – University of São Paulo – 2007
• Translation of Contracts – Caldas Law Center, São Paulo, Brazil – 2003
• Translation Workshop – Dr. Rosemary Arrojo – Unicamp – 2001
• Translation Workshop – Prof. Isa Mara Lando – Private – 2003
• Techniques for Subtitling Translation – Running S/C Ltda – 1997
• Certificate of German as a Foreign Language – Instituto Staden – Campinas – 1988 to 1990
• German: advanced and commercial courses – Escola Apel – Campinas – 1990 to 1994
• I’m skilled (as user) in the following software:
SDL Trados Studio 2015 SP2 (own license)
SDL Passolo (own license)
Microsoft Office 2013
My resources of hardware and software
• Computer 1: HP Pavillion 23, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive, 60MB broadband Internet connection, Windows 10, HP Photosmart C4280 printer.
• Computer 2: Dell Inspiron 1545 (notebook), Intel Pentium Dual Core, 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB hard drive, Windows 10.
• External HD with 1 TB (for backups).
• Dropbox account (for backups in the cloud)
• Microsoft Office 2013
• SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance Plus + Multiterm 2015
• Avast antivirus
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.