English to Thai: Principles of Community-Based Cancer Prevention and Detection General field: Medical Detailed field: Medical (general)
Source text - English What Are Prevention and Detection?
What is prevention?
Prevention refers to the steps taken to reduce the incidence of a disease. Incidence is the number of new cases of a disease in a population that occur over a specified time period. Prevention encompasses health, wellness, and risk reduction. Increasingly, scientific findings suggest that lifestyle and environment are related to cancer risk. Thus, first-line efforts in preventing disease are to promote healthy lifestyles in the general population and reduce exposure to hazards in the environment. Examples include never starting to use cigarettes, eating a healthy diet, and exercising regularly.
English to Thai: Opalescence 35% Tooth Whitening System General field: Medical Detailed field: Medical: Dentistry
Source text - English Opalescence has been shown to be effective for removing the colors present on teeth from the time of tooth eruption and/or the stains
of aging. Success of varying degrees is usually obtained with tetracycline and brown fluorosis discoloration. Opalescence is also used on
nonvital teeth for intracoronal bleaching. Opalescence provides a more conservative modality of treating dark, discolored teeth (compared
to crowns, veneers, etc.). This includes discolorations caused by congenital, systemic, etabolic, pharmacological, traumatic, or iatrogenic
factors such as dental fluorosis, tetracycline and adult minocycline stains, trauma, erythroblastosis fetalis, jaundice, and porphyria.
Peroxide is a strong oxidizing agent. Bleaching occurs from the peroxide penetrating into the enamel and dentin and oxidizing the
offending stains within the tooth. Whitening occurs first and more rapidly within the enamel. For example, most of the disfiguring stains
for tetracycline occur within the dentin; hence, their oxidation (whitening) requires more time.
General business management
Voice-over for video trainings and business presentations
Game scripts/movie subtitles
- Subtitling works for IKEA's DVDs
- Automotive revision for several GM models
- American Express Credit Card's online statement
- Revising and editing the Thai translation for Exxon Mobil Lubricant Oil e-learning/exams
- Voice-over for Bechtel's Business Ethnics e-learning
- STEPSTONE ETWeb web application
- Tourism: Australia
- Avatar: The online game
- Moody's Online financial course
- Chevron brochures
- Ultradent Dental products
- Video script/workbook translation and voice-over directing for People-Based Safety Program from Coastal
- Voice talent for Thai language learning media from Paiboon Publishing, Inc.
- Web site localization for SMS.ac site.
- A team member of the Localization project for Yahoo! Mail Global Expansion. Translated, edited, and proofread Yahoo! Mail web pages, Terms and Conditions, help files.
- Translated, edited, and proofread Colgate-Palmolive Web-based traning courses, user's manual, and printed materials.
- Web site localization for Jack Daniel's. Translated, edited, and proofread web contents and site graphics.
- Software localization projects for GE Capital's Workplace application based on Lotus Note Groupware version 2.4 and 3.0.
- Translated/edited/proofread for GE Capital Marketing Communication materials including graphics and HTML documents.
- Translated/edited/proofread 3M Dental products such as 3M ESPE Scotchbond, 3M ESPE Curing Lights, and 3M ESPE Filtek Flow Flowable Restorative.
- Translated/edited/proofread game script for Playstation 2. Provided voice directing and voiceover for the game.
- Translated/edited/proofread Ford Financial's (formerly Ford Credit) monthly newsletters. Typeset Thai contents in QuarkXpress files and created PDF files for the clients.
- Edited/updated User's Guide for Roxy Easy CD Creator Basic/Platinum using Adobe FrameMaker.
- Translated/proofreading movie subtitles such as Angela's Ashes, Sneakers, and Junior.
- Translation (includes editing/proofreading): $0.18 per word