Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Photoshop, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, ABBYY Lingvo 12.0 (e-Dictionary), Concordance 3.2, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordfast, XTM
CV available upon request
There are three major subject areas that I have had extensive experience in over the past 6 years. These include BUSINESS (general, agreements of co-operation, loan, non-disclosure, license; articles of association, incorporation; contracts of sale, motor services, service, joint investment, dealing), LEGAL (court rulings, minutes, summons, orders, reports; prenuptial agreements; pre-trial documentation; EEC directives), and SOCIAL-POLITICAL SCIENCES.
Major agencies, organizations, projects I have worked for include:
1. Civil Society Community Roots Project, funded by Canadian International Development Agency (January 1999 to May 2002)
2. Management Operations Improvement Advisor Program for Lviv Vodokanal (Lviv-based water utility) funded by the World Bank (May 2003 to date)
3. Community Economic Development Project at Western-Ukrainian Resource Center funded by Canadian International Development Agency (September 2004 to date)
4. Lviv-based publishing house "Ahill" (August 2003 - to date)
5. Other private customers, including local and overseas translation agencies
Over the past two years the following large projects have been completed (books, English – Ukrainian, submitted to the publisher, source words):
· The Right To Privacy (154,000 words)
· Multicultural Jurisdictions (86,000 words)
· Pathways to Non-profit Excellence (65,000 words)
· Putting The University Online: Information, Technology, And Organizational Change (56,000 words)
· EEC Directives relating to vehicle type-approval (50,000 words)
Work at the university has enabled me to considerably improve my English owing to advanced groups majoring in the language, which I have had to teach over the past six years. Another factor that assists me in growth is a constantly renewed subscription to the Guardian Weekly. This accounts for my first-hand knowledge of English newspaper style with a steadily widening range of political, legal, social vocabulary. It is part of my active stock by force of its everyday application within University curriculum.
What concerns my professional qualities, it is great attention to detail and a keen sense of style in terms of translation accuracy and target text readability respectively that I rank topmost and am consistent in. As for my attitude to work, I equally cultivate delivery of high-quality translation services and compliance with strictest deadlines.