Member since Jun '17
English to ArabicEnglish to UrduArabic to EnglishUrdu to EnglishEnglish to Hindi
| Hams Live Private Limited - Hams Live Private Limited |
Translating the World
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Local time: 02:31 IST (GMT+5.5)
| Freelancer and outsourcer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. View now. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Voiceover (dubbing), Subtitling, MT post-editing, Transcription, Training, Desktop publishing, Copywriting|
|Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng||Cinema, Film, TV, Drama|
|Computers: Software||Finance (general)|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Medical: Health Care|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Medical: Instruments||Media / Multimedia|
|Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)||Internet, e-Commerce|
|History||Government / Politics|
|Medical: Dentistry||Construction / Civil Engineering|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Agriculture|
|Visa, MasterCard, PayPal|
|PhD - Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi INDIA|
|Years of translation experience: 14. Registered at ProZ.com: Mar 2008. Became a member: Jun 2017.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Frontpage, Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress|
| Hams Live Private Limited endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
Some Noteworthy Projects (List is not updated)
1. Translated NCERT books from English to Urdu
2. Translated IGNOU study materials from English to Urdu
3. Simultaneous interpretation for a Turkish business delegation (English-Urdu-English)
4. Inflammatory Bowel Disease from English to Urdu
5. Sliver Professional+ (Spinning Software from Reiter) from English into Urdu
6. Food Stamps (CDSS Project) from English into Arabic
7. Living with Crohn’s Disease from Urdu to English (Back Translation)
8. Simultaneous interpretation for a German research scholar working on Indian Muslim culture (English-Urdu-English).
9. Simultaneous interpretation during a seminar on Arabian Nights held in JNU, New Delhi. (English-Arabic-English)
10. Do you have persistent Diarrhoea or Abdominal Pain? from Urdu to English (Back Translation)
11. Editing of a complete DVD Instruction Manual into Arabic (Consists of 30,000 words)
12. Opera Browser from English into Urdu
13. DPW Templates from English into Arabic
14. Simultaneous interpretation for sightseeing Saudi tourist delegation visiting India (Arabic-Urdu-Arabic)
15. Software Manual from English into Arabic
16. Subtitling of a documentary from English into Arabic (Biology)
17. Complete Lubricant Marketing Survey, and other documents for Gallup, from English into Urdu
18. Brochure for a Resort from English into Arabic
19. Simultaneous interpretation for a Dubai business delegation (English-Urdu-English)
20. Panasonic Digital Camera Manual from English into Arabic.
21. Cranes Manual consists of around 100,000 words from English into Urdu.
22. New York City Department of Education documents (more than 460,000 words, and still receive documents from them to translate)
23. Motorola Manual for K1 UM GSM phone from English into English and into Arabic.
Services I Provide
Translation / Back Translation
Typesetting (We have many full-time typesetters to take up as much pages per day as possible maintaining the accuracy)
Brand / Cultural Evaluation
Areas I have experience in translation
Following are the subjects I am fluent with:
Advertising / Public Relations; Agreements; Computers (General, Software, Systems, and Networks) ; Education (Pedagogy) ; General / Conversation ; Government ; Greetings / Letters / Résumés / Manuals ; History ; Medical / Pharmaceutical ; Nutrition ; Religion (History, Ahadiths (Narrations), Verdicts, Exegesis) ; Subtitling from English into Hindi (Medical) ; Other
Potential Areas and Services
The areas I am willing to work in and am confident of giving a quality output, in the light of my experience, are:
Medical / Pharmaceutical
Business / Commerce / Finance
Environment and Ecology
Film / TV
Games / Video Games
Subtitling of English Movies into Arabic / Urdu / Hindi
Religious / Islamic
March 2005 Onwards
• Worked as (casual) ‘Linguist’ (Urdu-Arabic) with the Central Monitoring Cervices, National Technical Research Organisation, Government of India, (New Delhi).
• Worked as ‘Sub-Editor’ with the weekly ‘Sahara Time’ (Sahara India Media and Entertainment) NOIDA.
• Worked as ‘Translator’ with the daily ‘Rashtriya Sahara’ (Sahara India Media and Entertainment) NOIDA.
• Worked (on call basis) as ‘Translator-cum-Interpreter’ (Arabic-English-Arabic) with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
NET & IELTS qualified
o Ph.D. (Arabic) from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
o M. Phil. (Topic: Development of Arabic Media in the United Kingdom after 1950: A Survey) from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, 2005.
o M. A. (Arabic) from JNU, New Delhi.
o P. G. Dip. in Mass Communication (PT) from Bhartya Vidya Bhavan, 2002.
o Dip. in Computer Application (PT) from LCC, 2000.
o Adv. Dip. in Modern Arabic Language & Translation (PT) from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, 1999.
Keywords: Urdu, Arabic, Hindi, English, medical, pharmaceutical, clinical trials, ICF, translation, proofreading, editing
Profile last updated