Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Russian to Ukrainian Ukrainian to Russian Polish to Russian Polish to Ukrainian Italian to Russian French to Russian French to Ukrainian Italian to Ukrainian Kazakh to English Uzbek to English Kazakh to Russian Uzbek to Russian
I aim to proudly maintain my reputation for quality with clients who find my 24-year experience in translation – combined with a unique background in law, medicine, technology, and military and nuclear matters – to be a valuable asset for them.
Freelance translator and/or interpreter, Verified member
English to Ukrainian (Ukrainian Translators Association) English to Russian (Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv) Ukrainian to English (Cardiff University) Russian to English (University of Glasgow) English to Russian (Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine)
English to Ukrainian (Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine) Russian to English (International English Language Testing System) Ukrainian to English (henko National University of Kyiv) English to Russian (International English Language Testing System)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, Passolo, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast, XTM
Client: a major manufacturer of helicopters Client: a major operator of helicopters in the EU
Translated/edited service and maintenance documents/manuals developed for buyers/holders, pilots and maintenance personnel of major helicopter models (English<>Russian).
2001–present. LEGAL TRANSLATOR
Translated/edited more than 1,100 documents for the London High Court.
March 2007–present. LEGAL TRANSLATOR / EDITOR Client: The US Department of Commerce’s Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP)
Translated/edited the Report of the Working Party on the Accession of Ukraine to the World Trade Organization (WTO), 2007–2008. Translated/interpreted for the delegations of Ukraine during the accession negotiations.
The list of CLDP-organised conferences and workshops funded by the U.S. State Department for which I provided translation services (Ukrainian/Russian<>English) is as follows (NOT exhaustive):
– Workshop on Workshop on Government Procurement and Anti-Corruption (June 29–July 1, 2016)
– The High Council of Justice, Commercial and Administrative Courts, and their Role in Ukrainian Judiciary Reform (May 23–24, 2016)
– Workshop on Risk Assessment and Post-Clearance Audit (April 18–19, 2016)
– Workshop on Authorized Operators (April 20–21, 2016)
– Workshop on International Procurement Opportunities and the WTO Government Procurement Agreement (February 11–12, 2016)
– Workshop on the WTO Agreement on Government Procurement and Its Implementation in Ukraine (July 21–23, 2015)
– Workshop on the Implementation of the WTO Agreement on Trade Facilitation in Ukraine (June 10–12, 2015)
– Workshop on Collective Copyright Management in Ukraine (February 17–19, 2015)
– Ukraine-US Consultations on Adjudication of Intellectual Property Infringement Cases, Washington, DC (January 24–31, 2013)
– International Scientific and Practical Workshop on Intellectual Property and Innovation (March 25–26, 2013)
– Workshop on Adjudication of Intellectual Property Infringement Cases and Bankruptcy Cases (September 10–14, 2013)
– Workshop on the Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution for Commercial Disputes (December 16-18, 2013)
– Workshop on Trade Remedy Practice and Procedures (November 6–8, 2012)
– Workshop on Adjudication of Intellectual Property Infringement Cases (June 20–22, 2012)
–The Second Workshop for the State Customs Service of Ukraine: Specific Issues in Customs Valuation and Procedures (October 31 – November 4, 2011)
– Workshop on Customs Valuation and Classification for the State Customs Service of Ukraine (June 20–24, 2011)
– Workshop on Identification and Interdiction of Counterfeit Medicines in Ukraine (May 18–21, 2011)
– Conference on Opportunities and Challenges for Agricultural Biotechnology in Ukraine (April 18–21, 2011)
– Identification of Counterfeit Goods: Training Workshop for Customs Officials (January 22–23, 2011)
– Conference on Regional and Inter-Agency Coordination of Intellectual Property Enforcement in Central and Eastern Europe: UEFA EURO 2012 and Other Events (June 14–16, 2010)
2007–2012. Translator of Ukraine and the World Trade Organization, an international publication project in English and Ukrainian. It was a principal source of news, trade data, legislative developments, standards and technical regulations in the context of Ukraine's WTO rights and obligations and is referred as Ukraine’s official WTO website on the WTO’s official website. Over 1,500,000 words (in total) translated by me from Ukrainian into English and published under my name as the sole translator.
Translated for the bilingual website and related projects. Translated for the Government, Presidential Administration and Parliament of Ukraine (Ukrainian>English, Russian>English, English>Ukrainian; Ukrainian and English monolingual). Provided simultaneous and consecutive interpreting at negotiations and meetings, conferences, workshops and for VIPs.
2012. MEDICAL TRANSLATOR
• Translated several hundred medical histories, including materials of examinations, and interpreted during medical appointments, surgeries and procedures (in the UK and Ukraine).
• Implemented medical translations for the websites which provide advice to women on fertility, explain in detail the Billings Method of natural regulation of fertility and give comprehensive practical instructions on how to use this method.
• Translated and/or edited several hundred documents on medical technology: nuclear medicine, high resolution computed tomography, mini dental implant technology, etc.
• Translated on innovative dental and medical products, plastic surgery and medical/healthcare services for a number of top medical companies and medical authorities (from English into Russian, Ukrainian).
My translation experience in the oil and gas industry includes (but is not limited to) the following projects/jobs:
• Projects implemented for Naftohaz Ukrayiny (the Ukrainian National Oil and Gas Company) (Ukrainian/Russian<>English, 2006—2011):
• Translated technical documentation on advanced petrochemical facilities for Bellelli, Italy (Russian>English, 2012);
• Translated technical specifications documentation, business plans, financial and HR documents, press releases and website publications for Gazprom, BP and other major oil and gas companies (mainly Russian<>English, 2010-2012);
• Translated technical and tender documentation for a large-scale Shell shale gas project in Ukraine (Ukrainian/Russian<>English, 2012-2013).
2008–2011. Documents (mostly technical documentation, manuals and certificates) on Kamov, Mil and the K-112 Cadet helicopters for operation, repair and maintenance companies and helicopter manufacturers. (Russian<>English).
2010. Intel® Desktop Boards BIOS Settings Dictionary and BIOS User Interface (English>Russian).
In the period of 2005–2010 alone: 39 patents and PCT patent applications, hundreds of European and national patents, 3 monographs, 92 research papers/articles have been translated (English<>Russian, Ukrainian<>English, French>Russian, Ukrainian, Polish>Russian, Ukrainian).
2009. Konica Minolta (English>Ukrainian). Translation, editing, web content management.
Until October 2008. Miratech, a member of EDB Group. IT and telecommunications, outsourcing services and more. Copywriting, technical writing, translations, content management (English, Russian, Ukrainian).
Since December 2008. Translated more than 90% of Full Tilt Poker Academy’s content — in-depth lessons and tutorials from the world’s top poker pros, poker sessions, interactive quizzes and challenges, podcasts, etc. Through APlus Translations.
Since 2009. Full Tilt Poker and FullTiltPoker.net, the websites and web clients (English>Russian, English>Ukrainian). Translation+proofreading/editing, localization and cultural adaptation. Articles, news and reviews, rules and strategies, biographies, Poker Glossary, lessons and tips from the Pros, other reference and permanent content. Through APlus Translations.
Mr. David Kenneth Lee, a highly qualified and experienced native English speaking colleague (a British citizen), who is also fluent in Russian and advanced in Ukrainian, works with me on a daily basis to ensure proper understanding of documents in English/Russian and appropriate editing of translations into English (his CV and contact details are available on request).
Dr. Iryna Chaplynska, a surgeon with extensive international experience and solid linguistic and terminological expertise, works with me on a daily basis to provide professional advice and editing of medical and technical translations.
CVs and contact details of all my coworkers are available on request.
My CV, more samples of non-confidential translations, and references are available on request. Please feel free to ask for a quote and/or a test translation.
I accept all major payment methods; however, I usually do not accept cheques.
I have been making a living as a translator since pre-Internet days.
My translations speak for themselves after 29 years.
I am a translator, editor, writer and copywriter with a strong technical and research background (12 years as an engineer, commissioned officer and research scientist, and 14 years as a full-time freelance/contract writer, translator/editor/interpreter, including 3+ years of work in the UK).
Since 2008, I began to recruit a professional team which has enabled us not only to cover a wide range of subject areas and cope with large amounts of simultaneous orders but also to work together and continually improve our quality and effectiveness as a professional team. Our average output has reached 1,350,000 words per year for written translations and almost 900,000 words for editing.
Our team translates in a range of subject areas and virtually all types of formats when implementing large projects such as websites, books, journals, etc. Major subject areas include legal, business, economic, political and technical, medical documents of all types, as well as a multitude of specialized technical subject areas such as patents applications, user interfaces, technical manuals, web client applications, poker/gaming web/mobile applications, to name but a few. We work with all major software and file formats.
Our main language pairs are English<>Russian, English<>Ukrainian, Russian<>Ukrainian, French<>Russian, French<>Ukrainian, Polish<>Ukrainian.
As a rule, our rates include editing/proofreading by a native-speaking translator of the target language and/or a professional in the respective field. The “four-eyes” principle is adhered to. No further editing is needed.
We would be willing to do test translations if required.
We provide quality, thoroughly researched translations, professional localization, editing, technical writing, researching and documenting, subtitling, copywriting and web content development and management.
We possess extensive experience in a number of fields, including but not limited to: business and commerce; politics and government; patents and patent applications; IT and telecommunications; mechanical engineering, construction; energy, atomic energy, Chernobyl-related studies; elimination of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and conventional weapons; disarmament and non-proliferation of WMD; life science, earth science and the environment; mathematical modeling; medicine and health care; health and beauty; poker and gaming; sports (including bids to host the Olympics and other top sports events).
We translate/write for several websites, journals and bulletins. Our clients also include translation agencies and publishing companies.
Our clients stay with us.
We guarantee professional quality of translations, timely deliveries and strict confidentiality.
Please feel free to request a quote and/or a test translation.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
Keywords: English to Ukrainian translations, English to Russian translations, Ukrainian to English translations, Ukrainian translation and localization, Russian to English translations, Russian editing and proofreading, web site translation, web site localization, Russian patent translator, Russian legal translator, IT translator, technical writer, UI, SAP, R&D, ITC, science and technology translator, Russian poker translator, editing and proofreading, Russian technical writer, Russian editor, Russian copywriter, Russian localization, Ukrainian localization, subtitling, dubbing, urgent translations, reserched translations, certified translations, business, commmerce, international trade, international law, IT, Information Technology, telecommunications, science translations, environment, Internet, video games, casino, poker, профессиональные переводы на английский, переводы с украинского на английский, литературный перевод, проверка переводов на английский, редактирование переводов, перевод контрактов, перевод патентов, перевод титров, профеcійні переклади на англійську, переклади з англійської, редагування перекладів, переклад титрів, дублювання на українську, літературний переклад.
This profile has received 25 visits in the last month, from a total of 11 visitors