https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/137599-larger_font_size_in_arabic.html

Larger font size in Arabic
Thread poster: Nesrin
Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 15, 2009

This request is so long overdue - as it's been annoying me since about the first day I joined Proz 5 years ago!! The thing is that while an English font size 12 is the default font size and perfectly legible when it comes to Latin letters, it's annoyingly small in Arabic. Yes it is legible, but it's just not comfortable, and sometimes it's actually hard to distinguish certain letters*. Whenever, for example, you have a bilingual English/Arabic text, it is customary to have an English font size 1... See more
This request is so long overdue - as it's been annoying me since about the first day I joined Proz 5 years ago!! The thing is that while an English font size 12 is the default font size and perfectly legible when it comes to Latin letters, it's annoyingly small in Arabic. Yes it is legible, but it's just not comfortable, and sometimes it's actually hard to distinguish certain letters*. Whenever, for example, you have a bilingual English/Arabic text, it is customary to have an English font size 12 and the Arabic font size 14. Only then do they actually take up the same space.

So if it's technically possible, could we please have a font size 14 for any Arabic text throughout the site? It would make a hell of a difference and the Arabic community will be eternally grateful!!

* e.g. ث and ت (these are two different letters, but the difference is barely visible in font size 12)

----------
PS: The font size here actually looks more like 10 - in that case, an increase to 12 in Arabic will do... (I could swear on some occasions, esp in Kudoz, the font size looks something like 8!!)

[Edited at 2009-06-15 09:18 GMT]
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:04
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Notified staff Jun 15, 2009

Thank you for this suggestion, Nesrin - I have just notified staff to this thread.

Steffen

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Steffen! Jun 15, 2009

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 17:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Pump up the size of Arabic text in proz.com to 12 pt (or even to 14 pt) Jun 15, 2009

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa maa b3ad...

I second and reinforce Nesrin's reasonable and good request to increase the size of Arabic text displayed inside proz.com (I thought that eyestrain-inducing display of such small-sized Arabic text was due [erroneously] to the settings of my monitor after I subscribed some years ago to proz.com).

An increase of the Arabic font size to 12 pt would be nice, and up to 14 pt even nicer.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa'
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wa maa b3ad...

I second and reinforce Nesrin's reasonable and good request to increase the size of Arabic text displayed inside proz.com (I thought that eyestrain-inducing display of such small-sized Arabic text was due [erroneously] to the settings of my monitor after I subscribed some years ago to proz.com).

An increase of the Arabic font size to 12 pt would be nice, and up to 14 pt even nicer.

Hope this helps. Khair, in shaa' Allah...

Regards to all,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

--------------------------------------

Nesrin wrote:

This request is so long overdue - as it's been annoying me since about the first day I joined Proz 5 years ago!! The thing is that while an English font size 12 is the default font size and perfectly legible when it comes to Latin letters, it's annoyingly small in Arabic. Yes it is legible, but it's just not comfortable, and sometimes it's actually hard to distinguish certain letters*. Whenever, for example, you have a bilingual English/Arabic text, it is customary to have an English font size 12 and the Arabic font size 14. Only then do they actually take up the same space.

So if it's technically possible, could we please have a font size 14 for any Arabic text throughout the site? It would make a hell of a difference and the Arabic community will be eternally grateful!!

* e.g. ث and ت (these are two different letters, but the difference is barely visible in font size 12)

----------
PS: The font size here actually looks more like 10 - in that case, an increase to 12 in Arabic will do... (I could swear on some occasions, esp in Kudoz, the font size looks something like 8!!)

[Edited at 2009-06-15 09:18 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 21:04
SITE STAFF
Thanks-- adjustment requested Jun 15, 2009

Thanks Nesrin for the suggestion, Stephen for the feedback, and Steffen for notifying staff. I have requested the font size adjustment to Arabic fonts be made.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Larger font size in Arabic

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »