https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/187082-multiterm_no_longer_working.html

Multiterm no longer working
Thread poster: Gabriele Hase
Gabriele Hase
Gabriele Hase  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 20:53
English to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

For two years, I have been working with Trados 2007 (SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863 and SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF) on a German 32-bit Vista system. My Office version is the German Office Home and Student 2007. Out of the blue, Multiterm suddenly stopped working and issued the error message 'Please make sure that MultiTerm Server is installed on the machine you are trying to connect to'. I conducted system restore, cleaned the registry and reinstalled Trados und Mult
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

For two years, I have been working with Trados 2007 (SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863 and SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF) on a German 32-bit Vista system. My Office version is the German Office Home and Student 2007. Out of the blue, Multiterm suddenly stopped working and issued the error message 'Please make sure that MultiTerm Server is installed on the machine you are trying to connect to'. I conducted system restore, cleaned the registry and reinstalled Trados und Multiterm. Without Multiterm, Trados operates without any problems. As soon as Multiterm is installed and I open a Word document, it issues the error message "'Runtime error '-2147024770 (8997007e)'- Automation Error - Specified module could not be found". I also tried to install SDLMultiTermDesktop2009_SP3_166, thinking the new program would run better, but without any success. Following article # 3016 and article # 3174 at Talisma did not solve the problem either. Java runtime env. 6 update 14, MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redist. Sp1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redist. Sp1 were also removed and reinstalled.

In both versions (Multiterm 2007 und 2009), the workbench does not display any term bases (not even 'Sample' in the local term bases). Now, I am completely stuck and hope that one of you has a solution.

Thank you very much and best regards from Cape Town,

Gabriele
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Check whether you have not selected "connect" instead of open Dec 7, 2010

Your error message seems to tell us you are trying to connect to a server.
In MT in Termbase menu check what is entered in Servers.
There should be no server unless you indeed work with one.

As for MT2007 and MT2009 - do you remember to activate the one you use? You MUST do that, otherwise the program will not work.
The error you are getting in Word is template related - but I would really not use Word anymore for translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm no longer working

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »