https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/218185-tw4win_toolbar_interface_language_on_word.html

TW4WIN Toolbar interface language on Word
Thread poster: Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2012

Hi,

I've been trying to explore some of the other tools apart from Studio that Trados has, and I was interested to see the workbench toolbar available on Word. I don't have any problems on my laptop (which has Word 2007), but on my desktop (which has Word 2003) the interface is in Chinese. It's odd, as all of the other Trados tools and all of the other toolbars on Word are in English, as far as I can tell it's only WB4WIN that's affected. The only clue I have is that the custom lang
... See more
Hi,

I've been trying to explore some of the other tools apart from Studio that Trados has, and I was interested to see the workbench toolbar available on Word. I don't have any problems on my laptop (which has Word 2007), but on my desktop (which has Word 2003) the interface is in Chinese. It's odd, as all of the other Trados tools and all of the other toolbars on Word are in English, as far as I can tell it's only WB4WIN that's affected. The only clue I have is that the custom language font in Studio is set to Chinese (I also bought the PC in China, but the language settings for Windows, MS Office and Trados are all set to English). I'm not sure why that would be the case, but either way if I change the custom language font it just changes back again. Does anyone have an idea how to change it to English?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
Collapse

Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
English to French
link Feb 13, 2012

Hope it can help

http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Ref/U-Z/Options/Options_Font_Adap.htm

Jonathan Roberts
Jonathan Roberts  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: TW4WIN problem Feb 22, 2012

Hi,

I'm sorry about the delay in replying, I wasn't actually able to get it to work but I've since updated to Trados 2011, and haven't had any problems so far.

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TW4WIN Toolbar interface language on Word

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »