https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/254503-impossible_to_clean_up_a_file.html

Impossible to clean up a file
Thread poster: Hai Anh Teixeira
Hai Anh Teixeira
Hai Anh Teixeira  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 22:56
Member (2013)
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Aug 15, 2013

Help me please!!!

Warning:
"According to the TTX file, the original native file has the filename 'Television.doc', but you have select a file with the filename 'TV-EN-VI.doc'. Are you sure that you have select the correct original native file?"

The thing is, the client made the TTX file, and the package she sent to me included: TTX file (named Television.doc.TTX); and a doc file (named TV-EN-VI.doc). And required me to translate the TTX file in Tag Editor, and wh
... See more
Help me please!!!

Warning:
"According to the TTX file, the original native file has the filename 'Television.doc', but you have select a file with the filename 'TV-EN-VI.doc'. Are you sure that you have select the correct original native file?"

The thing is, the client made the TTX file, and the package she sent to me included: TTX file (named Television.doc.TTX); and a doc file (named TV-EN-VI.doc). And required me to translate the TTX file in Tag Editor, and when I have finished my translation, deliver a TTX file and a clean file to her.

So, I did following steps below:
1. I keep the 2 source files (TTX and *.doc) in the same folder.
2. Open SDL Trados Studio 2011 > Open a document > Select the TTX file 'Television.doc.TTX'
3. Translate the TTX file in "Editor"
4. Then, I chose: File > Save Target as > Original File Format > choose the word file 'TV-EN-VI.doc' that the client sent to me > and Trados warning as above.

If I insist on "Yes" to select the word file, the clean file is not the same as the source word file. And there are some sentences remain un-translated.

Can anyone help show me which part I did wrong?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2013-08-15 09:49 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:56
English
I don't think you did anything wrong... Aug 15, 2013

... so I would double check that the doc you were sent is really exactly the same as the one used to create the TTX. They have different filenames, why is that?

Regards

Paul

Hai Anh Teixeira
Vietnam
Member (2013)
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, they are not exactly the same Aug 15, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... so I would double check that the doc you were sent is really exactly the same as the one used to create the TTX. They have different filenames, why is that?

Regards

Paul

I checked the doc and the TTX file I was sent. And I don't think that doc file is the one used to create the TTX file, because there are some very small differences between the content of the 2 files.
I think that after creating the TTX file from the doc file, the client did change the filenames, and they might sent me the wrong doc file.

I also tried to change the filenames of those 2 files into the same filename, but it didn't work out.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:56
English
That would confirm your issue then... Aug 15, 2013

... and give you the answer. You must go back to your customer and ask them to support you with one of the following:

1. You give them the TTX and leave them with the problem of getting the target out
2. They give you the correct doc that the TTX was based on
3. They create a new TTX to match the doc you have and then you pretranslate, fix anything different and then save the target
4. You create a new TTX from the doc you have and do the same as 3.

R
... See more
... and give you the answer. You must go back to your customer and ask them to support you with one of the following:

1. You give them the TTX and leave them with the problem of getting the target out
3. They create a new TTX to match the doc you have and then you pretranslate, fix anything different and then save the target

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Hai Anh Teixeira
Vietnam
Member (2013)
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes. Aug 15, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Regards

Paul

Thanks for your advice, Paul!

Hai Anh Teixeira
Vietnam
Member (2013)
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New problem! Aug 16, 2013

Hello, I am having a new problem with an other project.

This time, client sent me a doc file, and want me to deliver to her: a clean doc file, an unclean doc file or a TTX file.
So I start as below:
Open SDL Trados Studio 2011 > 'Open Document' > 'Create New File-based Translation Memory' > Translate > then I chose 'Save As' "something.doc.sdlxliff". And, what happened were:

1. To create a clean doc file, I chose 'ave Target As', and get the target file nam
... See more
Hello, I am having a new problem with an other project.

This time, client sent me a doc file, and want me to deliver to her: a clean doc file, an unclean doc file or a TTX file.
So I start as below:
Open SDL Trados Studio 2011 > 'Open Document' > 'Create New File-based Translation Memory' > Translate > then I chose 'Save As' "something.doc.sdlxliff". And, what happened were:

1. To create a clean doc file, I chose 'ave Target As', and get the target file name "something-clean.doc".
However, when I checked the target and the source file, I noted that the font of the target doc file is different from that of the source file. Ex:
- Font of the Source file: Calibri
- Font of the Target file: Arial
Why does this happen?

2. To create a TTX file, I couldn't find anyway to obtain a TTX file from "something.doc.sdlxliff" by SDL Trados Studio 2011.
I also tried to download an app name "SLDXLIFF to Legacy Converter" SLDXLIFF to Legacy Converter, because this app can help convert the file I want. Sadly, I couldn't download the app because because it said "Download not available". I don't get it.

In this case, is there any other way to create a TTX file?

3. To create an unclean doc file, again, I couldn't find the tool " save the target bilingual document" as in SDL Trados Studio 2007.
Note: the version I am using is 2011
Can anyone suggest me how I should do the obtain an unclean doc file?

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to clean up a file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »