https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/295952-sdl_trados_studio_2015_on_windows_10_type_looks_small.html

SDL Trados Studio 2015 on Windows 10 type looks small
Thread poster: Paul Denlinger
Paul Denlinger
Paul Denlinger  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
Dec 18, 2015

Am running SDL Trados Studio 2015 on Windows 10 Pro on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 8/256 notebook computer.

Maybe it is because of the hi-res screen, but the type and graphics really become small. Just to cite one example, when selecting Option/Language Pairs, the displays for the source and target languages become so small that only the top part of the typeface shows in all of the selections.

I looked in Project Settings for a way to make the typefaces larger, but could
... See more
Am running SDL Trados Studio 2015 on Windows 10 Pro on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 8/256 notebook computer.

Maybe it is because of the hi-res screen, but the type and graphics really become small. Just to cite one example, when selecting Option/Language Pairs, the displays for the source and target languages become so small that only the top part of the typeface shows in all of the selections.

I looked in Project Settings for a way to make the typefaces larger, but could not find any. Does SDL have a patch so that the display and interface can adapt to hi-res screens?

I assume that the issue has to do with hi-res screens, but it may be something else. Is anyone else having this issue?
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:00
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
High DPI issues - KB article Dec 18, 2015

I run Studio 2015 on a Surface Pro 3 and although there are some minor issues, it looks acceptable after applying the workaround suggested here:

http://kb.sdl.com/?article=4959&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4959

I think your Surface Pro 4 has even higher resolution than my Pro 3, but maybe that will help as well.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Looking for this also Dec 19, 2015

I use Win10 on a minicomputer with our tv as screen. But the font size is too small to read text when sitting on the sofa. In Win7 I could change the resolution, but in Win10 I haven't found this yet. I perhaps should go back to 7 because the constant updating of 10 goes on my nerves. Every other day the system was again updated and restarted. Cannot even stop automatic updates.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 on Windows 10 type looks small

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »