English to French: Exam Booklet General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Medical (general)
Source text - English Purpose:
The YYY Exam is designed to ensure that candidates have the foundational knowledge expected of those pursuing an education in Biomedical Equipment Repair.
The comprehensive nature of this exam requires that you demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits, electronic devices, general science, physics, algebra and mathematics that you have acquired through your formal education and employment experiences.
Candidates must first complete the “Application” for the YYY Program prior to being selected to take the YYY Exam.
The YYY Exam is a mandatory requirement for all candidates applying for the TTTTT Biomedical Repair Training Program (YYY Program). The Exam is administered either in a paper format or online.
This booklet contains tests in AC and DC circuits, electronic devices, general science, physics, mathematics, English and algebra.
Translation - French Objectif :
L’examen YYY vise à s’assurer que les candidats ont les connaissances de base nécessaires pour suivre une formation en réparation de matériel biomédical.
Afin de réussir à cet examen vous devez démontrer une bonne connaissance des thèmes portant sur les circuits électriques, les appareils électroniques, les sciences générales, la physique, l’algèbre et les mathématiques, qu’on vous enseigné durant votre cursus scolaire ou que vous avez acquis durant votre formation professionnelle.
Les candidats doivent d'abord remplir le formulaire de « demande d’inscription » au programme YYY avant d'être sélectionnés pour passer l'examen YYY.
La réussite à l’examen YYY est une exigence obligatoire pour tous les candidats désirant faire partie du programme de formation en réparation de matériel biomédical de TTTTT (Programme YYY). Vous avez la possibilité de choisir entre deux types d’examen : sur papier ou en ligne.
Ce livret contient des tests sur les circuits alternatifs (AC) et continus (DC), les appareils électroniques, les sciences générales, la physique, les mathématiques, l'anglais et l'algèbre.
Years of translation experience: 13. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2005. Became a member: Aug 2008.
English to French (TCF) Arabic to French (Studies in arabic) English to French (BAC) Spanish to French (Ericsson Certificates ) Spanish to French (CCNA)
Spanish to French (BAC) Spanish to French (First University Cycle Diploma) Spanish to French (State Electrical Engineer) English to French (State Electrical Engineer) French (CCF) English to French (First University Cycle Diploma) English to French (CCNA) English to Spanish (Six months in Spain) French to Arabic (all studies till high school done in arabic) English to Arabic (BAC) French to Arabic (BAC) English to French (105) English to Arabic (Educational Testing Service - TOEFL)
PMP, CCDP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, CCENT & Comptia Network + certified Engineer with 8+ years of networking experience with versatile experience in configuration, design, project management, and commissioning. 8+ years hands on experience with Cisco equipment. 8+ years of experience providing leadership, mentoring, and technical support to a team with a network focus.
- Languages : Arabic & French (native), Spanish & English (fluent), Portuguese (Very good), Italian (Intermediate)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Architecture, TCP/IP Protocols & WAN/LAN designs.
- Knowledge of Windows servers and experience with a ticketing system
- Excellent troubleshooting, solution provider & documentation writing skills
- Versatile skill set with experience in troubleshooting, customer service, engineering, leading team projects and written and oral communication
- Strong network administration skills, TCP/IP networking and SNMP monitoring
- Proven planning, troubleshooting and improvement to enterprise-level IT infrastructure
- Experience with UPS, power distribution and wireless networks
- Experience with VPN, Cisco router configuration, performance monitoring and network performance tuning
- IT & Telecom infrastructure
- Experience with network configuration and infrastructure
- IP network monitoring and management tools (IPAM, NMS, etc...)
- Familiarity with Telco and Datacom platforms & architecture
- Excellent experience with Ericsson Mini Link TN and other Ericsson products
- Knowledge in IP, Ethernet, VLAN, L2/L3 Protocols and 802.1x standards
- Good knowledge in IPsec, GRE, NAT, IPv6
- Strong Windows (all versions) and Software Application and hardware support (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Laser Printer set up, administration and Cloud based email support, POS support, various internet browsers, Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issue
- Experience supporting Cisco switches, routers, etc.
- Working knowledge of PDH, SDH and DWDM (configuration, design and acceptance)
- Familiarity with access control systems, video monitoring, telephony systems and other
- Working knowledge of Linux and Kali Linux
- Administration and configuration of network equipment
- Strong knowledge of desktops, servers, printers and MS Office
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, project execution and time management
- Ability to write documentation and train users on new functionality being deployed
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentations skills
- Ability to travel across Canada & the world (visas for the UK, Schengen Area & USA) for project related activities
- Strong Project Management experience
- Responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his own work
- Prioritizing and multitasking abilities and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter and quick learner whose best self emerges in new and challenging environments
IP/MPLS Core Network Analyst, Videotron, Montreal, QC, Canada, +5000 employees 10/2016 – **
- Ensure completion of network projects from analysis to realization and support.
- Participate in other teams projects.
- Develop the required documentation for the efficient delivery of projects.
- Conduct benchmarking to validate new IP products & solutions used in the Cored IP/MPLS Network.
- Support all IP services that pass through the Core Network.
- Write reports, analyzes, recommendations, memos and other needed documents.
- Follow-up projects from Initiation to closing, and ensure their smooth execution without problems for our clients.
- Design and conduct the needed expansions.
- Deploy, maintain and support the equipment protocols and under the responsibility of the team.
Network Specialist 1, Cogeco Peer 1, Montreal, QC, Canada, +6000 employees worldwide 04/2016 – 10/2016
- Actively troubleshoot core network technologies (DWDM/CWDM, TDM/SONET, Ethernet, VPLS, MPLS, OSPF, IPVPN and BGP)
- Deliver telecom services such as Transparent LAN (TLAN), Metro LAN (MLAN) and Dedicated Internet Access (DIA)
- Train new staff on layer 2 protocols including Spanning Tree, 802.1s and 802.1w, 802.1Q, 802.1P, 8021AD and Transparent VLANs
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for layer 2 bridging/switching, TCP/IP inter-networking and routing with OSPF and BGP
- Monitor & Maintain backhaul network stability / Availability (proactively)
- Responsible for following up and tracking client/corporate escalation management
- Directly support approximately (>4000) customers with technical service issues in an international NOC (Network Operations Centre) environment
- Troubleshoot client issues
- Equipment engineering, upgrades, repairs, modifications and installations
- Interface directly with customers and track interactions, progress and resolution in trouble tickets.
- Respond to and resolve troubles reported by customers or management systems in a timely manner
- Perform timely technical and management escalations for outstanding troubles
- Perform first level technical and management support to business clients
- Provision new or existing services including moves/adds/changes as customers request (online when possible), which includes provisioning of Cisco routers and switches, and various Unix platform
- Analyse Service Assurance performance and the disposition of all trouble tickets, Administer and report NOC objectives such as; MTTR, Network Availability, call and Trouble Ticket volume, Trouble Ticket resolution, and call centre metrics
- Other duties include activities involving network builds, network maintenance, release/change management and capacity management
- Coordinate engineering involvement for trouble resolution where required
- Coordinate & manage Customer Major Events as required
- Perform configuration changes on live core network devices
- Design IP networks and incorporate new nodes (Ericsson & Cisco switches and routers) and rings in the network
- Design of several network architectures involving the design of VLANs and MPLS
- Write several RFQs and choose several vendors/offers for different network projects and manage big projects (more than 500 000 CAD)
- Design several network solutions and upgrade of different IP networks and wireless networks
- Upgrade the routing of several internal networks from static and RIP to OSPF
- Act as level III support, analyse critical problems and offer solutions
- Design several new equipment infrastructures, do the acceptance, and proceed with the commissioning
- Acceptance and commissionning of several MPLS facilities
- Designed the configuration of more than 5000 nodes (Cisco, Ericsson switches and routers)
- Designed the new architecture and migrated successfully more than 5000 nodes from a RIPv2 routing to OSPF (more than 90 areas all around the country)
- Designed the migration of over 5000 nodes from RIP v2 (& static) routing to OSPF routing (over 100 areas)
- Migration of several nodes running on telecom technologies (SDH, PDH & DWDM) to an all IP infrastructure
- Creation of a think-tank for the 3G project and management of the project (project of more than 800 000 CAD); and management of a team of 3 managers and 10 engineers
- Designed the new architecture and migrated successfully a network of over 50 nodes running static routing to OSPF
Network Surveillance Engineer (NMC/NOC), Ooredoo Algeria, mobile operator, +2500 employees 2007 - 2010
- Assume responsibility for correctly forwarding trouble tickets. Follow up on these trouble tickets and ensure a speedy response
- Report to the NMC Coordinator on duty and escalate serious and long outstanding faults for his attention
- Provide support for equipment which reached end of support by the vendor
- Analyse security and vulnerability; and propose practical solutions for switches and routers
- Do the remote upgrades and installation of the patches provided by the vendors for servers, switches and routers
- Configure, administer, optimize and troubleshoot a newtork of over 5000 nodes (switches and routers)
- Provide 24/7 support to different teams in a shift rotation fashion and guarantee a 24/7 on call availability
- Act as an interface with subcontractors and help them in case of technical problems
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NMC/NOC functionality.
- Troubleshoot several network equipment as well as telecom equipment involving technologies as MPLS, SDH, PDH, microwave …etc.
- Configure remote access to several nodes
- Arrange for onsite service and routine maintenance on printers and other peripherals and Computer room equipment
Telecommunication Technical Support Engineer, ZTE Corporation 10/2005 - 10/2006
- Provide clients with technical support
- Train clients to be able to use ZTE equipment
- Manage ZTE technical translators & writers team
- Presented ZTE Transmission Solution in the WSIS of 2006, and introduced ZTE solutions to several VIP clients
- Negotiated and elaborated the guidelines for ZTE training centre in Algeria, at the INPTIC institute
Freelance translator 2006 – **
- Translate several internal documents, medical surveys, RFQs, technical manuals, présentations… etc. (from french, arabic, english, spanish or portuguese to french or arabic) for several global clients
- Translation of 800 000+ word for several fortune 500 companies
- Translation of 800 000+ word for several translation agencies
State Electrical Engineer Diploma, ENP, Algiers, Algeria – 2005
First Cycle of Studies Diploma, ENPEI, Algiers, Algeria – 2005
Military Section Chief’s Diploma, ENPEI, Algiers, Algeria – 2005
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary
With client feedback
100% positive (11 entries)
English to French
Spanish to French
Arabic to French
English to Spanish
IT (Information Technology)
Electronics / Elect Eng
Automotive / Cars & Trucks
Computers: Systems, Networks
Construction / Civil Engineering
Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino
Government / Politics
Transport / Transportation / Shipping
Marketing / Market Research
Energy / Power Generation
Keywords: CDMA 2000 1x BSS, Mastering of the hardware, software, and alarms of the ZXC10 BSS (CDMA 2000 1x BSS), ZTE’s CDMA EV-DO, CDMA 2000 1x Optimization Methods, idea about WLL.
GSM: GSM Networks and Operation Principle (BSS/RAN and Transmission side), SDH, PDH, New NMS (Nera), MUX (Siemens Software), Mini Link Manager (Ericsson Software), Network Manager (Alcatel Software), LANs Configuration, Asynchronous Machines, DC Machines, Power Distribution