Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Help or teach others with what I have learned over the years
I am a Russian-native Ukrainian with a graduate diploma in English translation from Kharkiv State University, Ukraine. It is the only school of foreign languages in Ukraine approved by the American Translators Association. My second graduate degree is M.S. in Hospitality and Tourism Management from the University of New Orleans, LA, the United States.
I am a small business owner of a Civil & Structural Engineering company licensed in Kentucky, offering freelance translation and interpretation. Translation into English are reviewed by our English-native employee with a PhD in civil engineering.
While employed by Phillip Morris International, a Fortune 500 company, in Ukraine and Russian Federation, I started as a professional translator and interpreter and grew to the position of Marlboro Brand Manager for all of Russia. My responsibilities included preparation of budgets, marketing plans, sales force briefs and advertising copy and in English, Russian and Ukrainian as well as presentations, meetings, trade conferences and conference calls in English.
Some of my past experiences included:
• Becoming the first female radio DJ at Radio-50, one of the first independent FM stations in Ukraine;
• Recording the vocals for a song as well as numerous radio commercials;
• Translating and recording a voice over for a Health & Safety Video while at Kharkiv Tobacco Factory;
• Receiving the Excellence award from Phillip Morris International for the launch of www.marlboro.ru;
• Making wine with Gina Galio, the third-generation winemaker for Gallo Family Vineyards Sonoma Reserve while taking the UNO class to become a Certified Specialist of Wine;
• Checking in/out several celebrities while at the Front Desk of two luxury hotels in New Orleans;
• Interpreting for Hollywood movie-makers on board of a cargo ship on Mississippi river;
• Creating a website for www.nolarotary.org, and doing service work with our Rotary club like painting walls at the New Orleans Mission for homeless, or picking oranges for the Second Harvest Food Bank.