Jenny Duthie: Thanks I look forward to working for you again
Translation Volume: 4500 words Completed: Mar 2006 Languages:
Technical specifications for major aviation company
I have done 2 jobs for this client 1 in December 06 - 2000 words and the 2nd job in March 07 2500 words. Very detailed technical specifications concerning parts manufacturing for a major aviation manufacturer. I've been paid for both jobs.
Translation Volume: 1063 words Completed: Nov 2006 Languages: French to English
Payment methods accepted
Visa, Wire transfer, Skrill, PayPal
Bachelor's degree - Reading University, UK
Years of translation experience: 11. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2005.
RECENT TRANSLATION PROJECTS:
• PHARMACEUTICAL – 85,000 words – technical specifications of medical instruments for a major pharmaceutical manufacturer
• PHARMACEUTICAL - 80,200 words – pharmaceutical texts & technical specifications of industrial equipment for a large pharmaceutical company
• MEDICAL - 65,000 words - public-private partnership (Global Fund) documents on programmes & strategies for preventing & treating HIV/AIDS, TB & malaria
• COMMERCIAL/FINANCIAL/LEGAL: 30,000 words - translations for a major French football team, via a Paris-based sports marketing agency. Financial & management reports, marketing & promotional documents
• IT/Telecoms: 62,000 wirds - translations for a major French telecoms company; user manuals, detailed specifications for processing of incidents
• INSURANCE - 94,000 words – actuarial reviews of insurance portfolios
• NGOs – member of Solidarités International translation team since July 2010, member of Translators Without Borders translation team from January 2014
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Certificate in Translation Studies - City University, London, 2005
• 2:1 BA Joint Honours Philosophy/French - Reading University, UK, 1992-1996
• Translator for the French national daily L'Humanité (www.humanite.fr / www.humaniteinenglish.com), June-December 2005
• 5+ years’ sales experience with Kyocera UK Ltd, a major manufacturer of laser printers, industrial ceramics & electronic components, Reading, UK, 2000 - 2006
• Former qualified nurse (RNMH) specialising in mental handicaps & psychiatric disorders, Hampshire, UK, 1986 -1992
References available on request
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.
This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.
Project History Summary
With client feedback
100% positive (1 entry)
French to English
Keywords: Reading FC, Kyocera, laser printers, pharmaceuticals, autism, l'autisme, Asperger's syndrome, Down's syndrome, epilepsy, l'épilepsie, French literature, la littérature française, nutrition, poetry, la poésie française, philosophy, la philosophie, journalism, le journalisme, printer user manuals, les manuels d'utilisation pour les imprimantes, les manuels d'utilisation pour les photocopieuses, photocopier user manuals, learning disabilities, les handicapés mentaux, Cannes Film Festival, Festival de Cannes
This profile has received 8 visits in the last month, from a total of 8 visitors