https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/43900-font_and_size_change_for_no_reason_when_copying_text.html

Font and size change for no reason when copying text
Thread poster: Silvia Montufo Urquízar (X)
Silvia Montufo Urquízar (X)
Silvia Montufo Urquízar (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:02
French to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2006

Hello every one,

I'm using Word 2003 and I'm having the following problem:

I have two files opened, both with same font and size, but when I copy some text from one and paste it onto the next, the font and size changes. (Its seems to change to Arial and bigger font).

The other day I had this problem within the same file in Power Point (same font but quite bigger when pasting text).

It's time-consuming having to copy the format all the time. C
... See more
Hello every one,

I'm using Word 2003 and I'm having the following problem:

I have two files opened, both with same font and size, but when I copy some text from one and paste it onto the next, the font and size changes. (Its seems to change to Arial and bigger font).

The other day I had this problem within the same file in Power Point (same font but quite bigger when pasting text).

It's time-consuming having to copy the format all the time. Can anyone help me to solve this?

Many thanks in advance.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Styles? Mar 17, 2006

Hi Silvia,
Looks as if the styles in your documents differ - have you checked the styles applied to the paragraph you're copying from/to?

If you cannot alter the styles, use Edit - Paste Special -> Unformatted text as a workaround.

HTH, Ralf

Silvia Montufo Urquízar (X)
Silvia Montufo Urquízar (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Better, thanks Mar 17, 2006

Thank-you, Ralf.

I checked the styles and you're right, they're different, but I don't know yet how to go about it. Is it really possible to change them from there? I haven't managed so far.

I also tried the second option and it works, although it seems I need to go to the Paste special + unformatted text every time.

I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Silvia Mar 18, 2006

Check what is your default font and change it for the one you need for the document where you are pasting.

Place the cursor somewhere in the text with the font you need, go to Format > font > default > OK

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font and size change for no reason when copying text

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »