https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/945-agency_ratings_are_visible_only_to_platinum_members.html

Agency ratings are visible only to Platinum members
Thread poster: John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 08:25
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Dec 31, 2001

As of earlier today, I can no longer see the ratings scale on the Blue Board: I can rate outsourcers, but I cannot see their overall grade. Why???

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All is revealed Jan 2, 2002

I am not a Platinum member - just like 95% of all Proz users. Therefore, I am not fit to view the agency ratings. Makes me feel real good.
[addsig]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:25
SITE FOUNDER
Paying members are subsidizing your use of this site Jan 2, 2002

Thanks to those 5% of ProZ.com members who pay (the percentage is rising steadily), you have a site where you can make comments like this.

Do mothers say \'beggars can\'t be choosers?\' in GB? Remember that you\'re a guest here, John. You should not begrudge paying members the fruits of their investment.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
posted on behalf of John Jan 2, 2002

John sent this by email and asked me to post it:

- - - - -

Henry,

1. As you are very well aware, I have invested many hours in helping to translate your site into Hebrew. Therefore, your comment is highly ungracious.

2. You know very well that my comment referred to the fact that to begin with, the ratings were visible to all. Then you took them away. Not a very friendly way to treat people.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
French to English
Another GB saying Jan 2, 2002

I long hesitated before taking out Platinum membership. Its many benefits are discreet, here is one which is less so. Without wishing to sound hard-hitting, \"You pay your money and you take your choice... like it or lump it!\"

True enough, agency info is valuable to all - I like Henry\'s Browniz spending idea for this one. Those who contribute, to the extent to which John obviously does, are able to reap the benefits of their contributions in this way. Good idea.

... See more
I long hesitated before taking out Platinum membership. Its many benefits are discreet, here is one which is less so. Without wishing to sound hard-hitting, \"You pay your money and you take your choice... like it or lump it!\"

True enough, agency info is valuable to all - I like Henry\'s Browniz spending idea for this one. Those who contribute, to the extent to which John obviously does, are able to reap the benefits of their contributions in this way. Good idea.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-01-02 19:50 ]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Point taken Jan 2, 2002

I must apologize. Only now have I checked your profile page and seen that you have contributed not only with translations, but also with many KudoZ answers. I regret my posting!

Having reconsidered your comments, I think it is appropriate to rewire the system so that BrowniZ can be spent to view Blue Board details.

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Henry! Jan 2, 2002

I appreciate both your apology - accepted in the spirit in which it was offered - and the change to the system you describe above.
[addsig]

Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:25
German to English
Jan 2, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-02 19:46, Henry wrote:

I must apologize. [Rest edited by me for brevity - AFJ]

Congrats Henry, I know from experience (:-[ that that is not always easy!!!

Regards

Alan Johnson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency ratings are visible only to Platinum members

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »