Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 25, 2002

Dear all

A friend of mine has a problem. She\'s a Proz member, her name is grace109, and she has just called me because she can\'t access to her profile page.

She introduces her name and her password, and the answer she gets is :

cookies must be enabled in your browser or your system is not accepting our cookies. Please correct and try again.

How can she correct this ???

Thanks for her

Claudi
... See more
Dear all

A friend of mine has a problem. She\'s a Proz member, her name is grace109, and she has just called me because she can\'t access to her profile page.

She introduces her name and her password, and the answer she gets is :

cookies must be enabled in your browser or your system is not accepting our cookies. Please correct and try again.

How can she correct this ???

Thanks for her

Claudia
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:46
English to German
+ ...
Enable cookies Mar 25, 2002

Hi.

There\'s one vital piece of information missing - which browser is your friend using?

If she uses MS Internet Explorer 5, cookies (=little pieces of information which a site stores on your machine, e.g. to recognise a user) are enabled in the Security settings (I only have the German version, so this is a guess: \"Extras\" / \"Internet Options\" / \"Security\"). She needs to change the \"security level\" - there she will find two selections where cookies are ac
... See more
Hi.

There\'s one vital piece of information missing - which browser is your friend using?

If she uses MS Internet Explorer 5, cookies (=little pieces of information which a site stores on your machine, e.g. to recognise a user) are enabled in the Security settings (I only have the German version, so this is a guess: \"Extras\" / \"Internet Options\" / \"Security\"). She needs to change the \"security level\" - there she will find two selections where cookies are activated or deactivated.

HTH - Ralf
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralph Mar 26, 2002

It\'s OK now. She told me that it was working, she didn\'t do anything, so she supposed the change came from Proz. Anyway you are always there when I have a doubt, thank you very much.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

urgent

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »