https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/34572-how_to_amend_your_rating_if_an_outsourcer_has_already_replied_to_your_comment.html

How to amend your rating if an outsourcer has already replied to your comment?
Thread poster: Yelena.
Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:52
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 11, 2005

Hello,

I remember this has been pointed out several times before and I am raising this question again to find out if anything is being done to change this "FAULT" on the Blue Board.

What I mean is, it is currently impossible to change your rating and comment on an outsourcer on the Blue Board if they have already posted a reply to your comment. Let's say that until some point an agency had been really good and paid on time and then all of a sudden their payment practice
... See more
Hello,

I remember this has been pointed out several times before and I am raising this question again to find out if anything is being done to change this "FAULT" on the Blue Board.

What I mean is, it is currently impossible to change your rating and comment on an outsourcer on the Blue Board if they have already posted a reply to your comment. Let's say that until some point an agency had been really good and paid on time and then all of a sudden their payment practices change drastically. They had already replied to my first rating of them so now I can’t update my feedback. Why is that? Why can we not have another separate space on the board called, say, UPDATE which would have the date of entry, etc, to avoid any confusion?

This problem has been pointed out by many, is anything being done to resolve it?
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Please contact a Jobs / BB moderator Jul 11, 2005

Hi Yelena,

There might be other faults in the Blue Board, but this is definitely not one of them, as members only need to contact one of the Jobs coordinators or Jobs / BB moderators in this case.

Giuliana

Jobs coordinator

Yelena.
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah Jul 11, 2005

I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
Contact Jobs moderators - work in progress Jul 11, 2005

Hi Yelena,

Indeed, this has been discussed - and answered - several times before (most recently, in this thread). As you remembered this yourself, may I suggest to change the title of your posting, to reflect that it is a reminder rather than an enquiry?

What I mean is, it is currently impossible to change your rating and comment on an outsourcer on the Blue Board if they have already posted a reply to your comment. Let's say that until some point an agency had been really good and paid on time and then all of a sudden their payment practices change drastically. They had already replied to my first rating of them so now I can’t update my feedback.

This is not quite correct - as Giuliana and I pointed out in previous discussions, all you need to do is to contact a Jobs moderator. We have removed entries on several occasions, to facilitate a re-entry (which, under the current setup, is the only way to handle this).

Why is that? Why can we not have another separate space on the board called, say, UPDATE which would have the date of entry, etc, to avoid any confusion?

This problem has been pointed out by many, is anything being done to resolve it?

Yes. It is, however, important to maintain 'old' entries, to build and preserve a history regarding a given outsourcer. A concept was first developed at the end of May, and ProZ.com staff are currently working to implement this in the system.

Best regards,
Ralf

Yelena.
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the information, Ralf. Jul 11, 2005

I indeed wanted an update on the progress.

Best regards,

Yelena

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:52
English to German
+ ...
Thought so... Jul 11, 2005

I indeed wanted an update on the progress.

...rest assured that we keep pestering Henry and his team...

Cheers, Ralf

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 03:52
English
Henry's team seconds that! Jul 17, 2005

...rest assured that we keep pestering Henry and his team...

Cheers, Ralf

I second that!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:52
SITE FOUNDER
Now possible to make entries once per year Jul 20, 2005

Thanks for your posting, Yelena.

It is now possible to make entries once per year for each outsourcer (provided that you have worked again for that outsourcer since your last entry). For more details, see:
http://www.proz.com/topic/34889

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to amend your rating if an outsourcer has already replied to your comment?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »