https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/37165-not_receiving_email_again.html

Not receiving email - again
Thread poster: Andy Bell
Andy Bell
Andy Bell  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:21
Norwegian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 26, 2005

Dear Jason and colleagues. Once again there seems to be a problem with the ProZ server. I can't access my ProZ hosted emails but can those from my other email clients. What's the problem, why does it keep happening and how long will it take to fix? Thanks in advance.
Andy

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
United States
Local time: 15:21
English
+ ...
Your domain has expired; please submit a support ticket Sep 26, 2005

Dear Andy,

Your domain has expired. For a short time, you should still be able to renew your domain from this page: http://www.proz.com/renew

Also, please verify that the contact email addresses for your domain are correct, to ensure that you receive renewal notifications. You can update your domain contact information by clicking "mana
... See more
Dear Andy,

Your domain has expired. For a short time, you should still be able to renew your domain from this page: http://www.proz.com/renew

Also, please verify that the contact email addresses for your domain are correct, to ensure that you receive renewal notifications. You can update your domain contact information by clicking "manage my domains" on your hosting info page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Andy Bell
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Paid, but why no warning Sep 26, 2005

Hi Jason. Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand why (apparently) I received no warning about imminent expiry! I've now paid so how long will it take to restore my email as I'm losing business here.

TIA
Andy

Andy Bell
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Email addresses Sep 26, 2005

Ps. My addresses are fine, so I should have received notification Jason, unless I'm mistaken.

Best
Andy

Rainer Pawellek
Rainer Pawellek  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:21
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
I'm experiencing the same problems Sep 26, 2005

Hello Jason,

since Saturday morning (at least), I am no longer able to retrieve emails from my account hosted at ProZ.com.

What's more, the entire hosting section of ProZ.com seems to be unavailable (clicking on the "Hosting" link just yields a blank page.

An expiry of my Platinum membership cannot be the reason for that, for I am still recognized as a Platinum member and have full access to the Platinum Member Services.

A correspondig support
... See more
Hello Jason,

since Saturday morning (at least), I am no longer able to retrieve emails from my account hosted at ProZ.com.

What's more, the entire hosting section of ProZ.com seems to be unavailable (clicking on the "Hosting" link just yields a blank page.

An expiry of my Platinum membership cannot be the reason for that, for I am still recognized as a Platinum member and have full access to the Platinum Member Services.

A correspondig support ticket is underway since Saturday, but has not been answered so far (apart from an automated reply).

As I am highly dependent on my email account (which is used by all of my clients), you will probably understand that I am beginning to feel quite uncomfortable...

I hope you will get everything back up and running again soon.

Best regards,

Rainer Pawellek

-----

P.S.: There also seemed to be a problem with extending my Platinum membership extension, to which I should have been entitled by joining one of the recent TGBs (Trados + Platinum m'ship bonus). For whatever reason, this bonus wasn't credited to me, so I received an unexpected invitation to renew my Platinum membership as of 1 October. An email inquiry in this regard, which I sent to [email protected], hasn't been answered either so far. Maybe you can check this, too. TIA
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
United States
English
+ ...
Your admin contact email is invalid Sep 26, 2005

Andy Bell (MITI, NAATI) wrote:
Ps. My addresses are fine, so I should have received notification Jason, unless I'm mistaken.

Hi Andy,

The administrative contact email address for your domain is invalid. You can correct it from your domain control panel (click "manage my domains" on your hosting info page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info )

I have just sent an email notification to all members with invalid email addresses in their domain contact information explaining in detail how to update this information. Please let me know if you did not receive that message.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
United States
English
+ ...
Rainer, your domain expired as well Sep 26, 2005

Rainer Pawellek wrote:

Hi Rainer,

Your domain has also expired, and you also have an invalid administrative contact email address. I have notified all members who have invalid admin contacts to prevent this problem from happening in the future.

Your domain can be restored by renewing it from this page: http://www.proz.com/renew

You can update your domain contact information by clicking "manage my domains" on your hosting info page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

P.S.: There also seemed to be a problem with extending my Platinum membership extension, to which I should have been entitled by joining one of the recent TGBs (Trados + Platinum m'ship bonus).

Please send your SDL shop order number to [email protected] in order to receive your platinum membership extension.

Best regards,

Jason

Andy Bell
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Corrected Sep 26, 2005

Hi Jason, Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure when this became incorrect though as I've been using ProZ for some time now with no problems, including the hosting and control panel. Have now amended the contact information. Does this mean my email will now be restored?

TIA
Andy

Rainer Pawellek
Rainer Pawellek  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Doesn't seem to work Sep 26, 2005

Hi Jason,

Clicking on "Manage my Domains" just yields an error page with cryptic messages like
"OPS_ERR OPS Decode Error: XML Parse Error [Can't locate object..." and so on. (Ooomps. What's that?!?)

Also, what's wrong with my "invalid administrative contact email address"? The address submitted worked flawlessly in the past. Please tell me what sort of address you expect me to submit.

Meanwhile, I have sent my shop order number to the address you indi
... See more
Hi Jason,

Clicking on "Manage my Domains" just yields an error page with cryptic messages like
"OPS_ERR OPS Decode Error: XML Parse Error [Can't locate object..." and so on. (Ooomps. What's that?!?)

Also, what's wrong with my "invalid administrative contact email address"? The address submitted worked flawlessly in the past. Please tell me what sort of address you expect me to submit.

Meanwhile, I have sent my shop order number to the address you indicated.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Bests,

Rainer
Collapse

Leliadoura
Leliadoura
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here Sep 28, 2005

Rainer Pawellek wrote:

Hi Jason,

Meanwhile, I have sent my shop order number to the address you indicated.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Bests,

Rainer

I have the same problem. I didn't receive any message reminding me my domain had expired (!!) and I stopped receiving e-mail yesterday. I have renewed but still no mail and my address in the admin info is correct. I have changed it for a yahoo address now since the address specified was the domain's address so I supposed the problem might be this address is invalid now, but no changes: no confirmation of the renewal and my usual address still not working. Can you please let me know how to proceed? I need my domain's address urgently since it is the primary contact address all my clients have.

Thank you and kind regards,

Leliadoura

[Edited at 2005-09-28 09:32]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
United States
English
+ ...
Contacted you directly to resolve this problem Sep 28, 2005

Hi Leliadoura,

I have contacted you directly to resolve this problem.

Best regards,

Jason

Leliadoura
Leliadoura
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Jason Sep 28, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Leliadoura,

I have contacted you directly to resolve this problem.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not receiving email - again

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »