https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/235634-working_for_translation_agenciespros_and_cons.html

Working for Translation Agencies...Pros and Cons
Thread poster: Mundabla
Mundabla
Mundabla
United States
Local time: 05:29
Oct 19, 2012

Many translators can make their careers on working exclusively for translation agencies. But, why would a freelancer do that?

Mostly, I've heard negative reasons for working with a translation agency exclusively.

Some pros I've heard-

Translation Agencies provide translators with opportunity to grow.

Steady, Full Time Work

Getting to a good working relationship with a translation agency can be hard- but it is worth investing the
... See more
Many translators can make their careers on working exclusively for translation agencies. But, why would a freelancer do that?

Mostly, I've heard negative reasons for working with a translation agency exclusively.

Some pros I've heard-

Translation Agencies provide translators with opportunity to grow.

Steady, Full Time Work

Getting to a good working relationship with a translation agency can be hard- but it is worth investing the time and energy since in the long run work from an agency is easier to come by.

What are your thoughts? Having direct clients may be ideal- since you can charge your rates and set expectations. But, it can't be all that bad right?

I also explored this topic here on the blog

http://blog.mundabla.com/working-for-translation-agencies/
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working for Translation Agencies...Pros and Cons

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »