https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/197051-tab_keys_function_changed_in_latest_wordfast_classic.html

Tab key's function changed in latest Wordfast Classic?
Thread poster: Mick De Meyer
Mick De Meyer
Mick De Meyer  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

Hi WordFast Classic users,

Today I updated my WF Classic from build 5.61k to build 5.92m.

Neat: the toolbar now looks nicer and is nested in Word's blue title bar. Also neat: I used to have segmentation issues with curly brackets (see this topic), which are now magically solved.

But, not so neat: pressing the TAB key during translation no
... See more
Hi WordFast Classic users,

Today I updated my WF Classic from build 5.61k to build 5.92m.

Neat: the toolbar now looks nicer and is nested in Word's blue title bar. Also neat: I used to have segmentation issues with curly brackets (see this topic), which are now magically solved.

But, not so neat: pressing the TAB key during translation no longer has the same effect.

Say I want to translate the following string of words:

Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy Group

Then all I needed to do in build 5.61k was hit these keys:

Shift+L, tab, tab, tab, tab, tab.

First time pressing tab: L is completed to Louis. Second tab: WF grabs the next source word, Vuitton, and adds it as the next target word. Third tab: Moët is added. And so on.

However in build 5.92m, when I press that same sequence of keys now, I get

Louis Louis Louis Louis Louis.

Wordfast no longer grabs the next source word, but the very same one. Now, I can only copy the source string into the target text without using the mouse (which I try to avoid as much as possible) like this:

L+tab, V+tab, M+tab, C+tab, G+tab

which is a lot more typing work. Now I know I could select the string with the mouse and press ALT+F12, but I prefer using only the keyboard whenever possible, because it's so much faster.

Someone please tell me this can be fixed, because I LOVE that old tab feature...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tab key's function changed in latest Wordfast Classic?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »