Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
A highly skilled translator with experience spanning almost 30 years.
Mother tongue British English.
Raised part in Italy and part in the United Kingdom, I have spoken both Italian and English since birth and consider myself truly bilingual. Immersed in languages from a young age, I studied French, Italian, Latin and Spanish at school and later French, Italian, Russian and Portuguese at university.
With several years’ experience in the travel & tourism and banking & insurance sectors behind me, I have been providing Italian to English translation and interpreting services for more than twenty-five years.
I have gained extensive experience in a number of fields over the years and provide expertly crafted, meticulously researched, seamless translations from Italian into English in most fields.
• Banking, finance and insurance
• Business and commerce
• Law: contracts
• Law: patents, trademarks and copyright
• Medical and pharmaceuticals: clinical trials, medical devices
• Food and nutrition
• Health and beauty
I offer liaison, consecutive, whispered and simultaneous interpreting services between English and Italian and have provided the following services on a regular basis since 2000:
• Public Service interpreting for Edinburgh City Council
• Legal interpreting within the Scottish Criminal Justice System including: Sheriff Court, High Court of Justiciary, Justice of the Peace Court, Crown Office, police stations, prisons, tribunals, lawyer’s offices
• Interpreting at events and exhibitions
• Interpreting at Scottish Parliament
• Diploma in Financial Services - Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland
• DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) - CIOL (Chartered Institute of Linguists)
1991: "The Wind Cave", translation of "La Grotta del Vento"
2007: "The Italian Cadastre of Artificial Cavities", translation of "Catasto nazionale delle cavità artificiali", B.A.R. (British Archaeological Reports), Hadrian Books
2008: "Adventures in Nature", translation of "Avventure in Natura", published by Children in Scotland
2016: "Flight of the Swallow", translation of the biography, "Il Volo di una Rondine"
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.