https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/21459-edit_kudoz_answers.html

Edit KudoZ answers
Thread poster: Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 18:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 24, 2004

It used to be possible to edit your KudoZ answers, which is nice because sometimes you have pressed the button before you are finished or you want to add something. That is now no longer possible - why?

Aladdin
Aladdin
Local time: 03:11
English to Arabic
+ ...
How? May 24, 2004

How?

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
Edit KudoZ answers May 24, 2004

Tina Vonhof wrote:

It used to be possible to edit your KudoZ answers, which is nice because sometimes you have pressed the button before you are finished or you want to add something. That is now no longer possible - why?

Hi Tina,
I don't think it's ever been possible to edit the original KudoZ answer, but you can add new information and make corrections in the "You may add a note" box below your answer. Or is the box not visible for you?
Kim

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I should have said it more clearly May 25, 2004

Kim Metzger wrote:

Hi Tina,
I don't think it's ever been possible to edit the original KudoZ answer

Sorry Kim, I did not express myself clearly. What I meant was, it used to be possible to edit your comments when you have agreed or disagreed with someone else's answer. That is what I no longer see.

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
Edit KudoZ peer comments May 25, 2004

Tina Vonhof wrote:

Sorry Kim, I did not express myself clearly. What I meant was, it used to be possible to edit your comments when you have agreed or disagreed with someone else\'s answer. That is what I no longer see.

Hi Tina, I can see the edit/delete feature when I\'ve entered a peer comment. If you can\'t you ought to send in a support request. You\'ll find the Support section in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:11
English to German
+ ...
Function available with grading comments May 25, 2004

Hi Tina,
Are you aware that the function is only available if you actually entered a comment? AFAIK, if you just hit "agree", there's no edit function.

Best regards, Ralf

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:41
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
No Ralf, the situation has been changed for the better May 25, 2004

Edit or delete option is available even if one were to just agree. The situation used to be as you described, but it has been changed since long.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Ooops... May 25, 2004

...looks like I haven't "agreed" without comment for some time...

Thanks, Narasimhan!

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much May 25, 2004

Kim Metzger wrote:

Hi Tina, I can see the edit/delete feature when I've entered a peer comment. If you can't you ought to send in a support request. You'll find the Support section in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage.

Thanks very much Kim, I no longer see that feature and I will contact support.

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Which version od ProZ are you using? May 26, 2004

AFAIK the functionality you mentioned is now only available in the beta version.

Sorry, if this is a luddite comment.
Never the less, HTH

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're right. May 26, 2004

tygru wrote:

AFAIK the functionality you mentioned is now only available in the beta version.

Sorry, if this is a luddite comment.
Never the less, HTH

You're right - I must at some point have switched back to the old version without realizing it. Thanks, that solves the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit KudoZ answers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »