https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/102500-whitesmoke%3A_worth_the_money_or_not.html

WhiteSmoke: worth the money or not?
Thread poster: Kyoung-ae Kim
Kyoung-ae Kim
Kyoung-ae Kim
South Korea
Local time: 00:11
English to Korean
+ ...
Apr 16, 2008

Hi, everyone!

Yesterday I saw an advertisement about WhiteSmoke software in here Proz site.
Just intrigued by the reasonable price and the function of correcting grammar or something, I clicked the banner ad and saw the info in which I was almost tempted to buy but just stopped right before the process I had to pay. A shadow of doubt blocked me at the moment.

What I want to know is that is there anyone who has experience in using this software? This is because if
... See more
Hi, everyone!

Yesterday I saw an advertisement about WhiteSmoke software in here Proz site.
Just intrigued by the reasonable price and the function of correcting grammar or something, I clicked the banner ad and saw the info in which I was almost tempted to buy but just stopped right before the process I had to pay. A shadow of doubt blocked me at the moment.

What I want to know is that is there anyone who has experience in using this software? This is because if someone can recommend me to access to it with a positive perspective, I just want to try to use it in order to correct my bad grammars that happen from time to time. In short, is it well worth the money?

Please any comment on the software is welcomed!!!

Have a good day!

Kyoung

[Edited at 2008-04-16 23:04]
Collapse

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 22:11
English to Indonesian
+ ...
not a cat tool Apr 17, 2008

afaik, whitesmoke is not a cat tool. i know it doesn't answer your question, but i think you post this at the wrong forum. 'software applications' maybe more appropriate for this.

Kyoung-ae Kim
Kyoung-ae Kim
South Korea
Local time: 00:11
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 17, 2008

Yes, actually I was not sure I was writing in the right section or not.

I think I will have to move to the forum that you suggested.

Thank you very much for letting me the right way!

Kyoung-ae

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WhiteSmoke: worth the money or not?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »