Invoices to Switzerland
Thread poster: Jonathan MacKerron
Jonathan MacKerron
Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hi all,
I need to send an invoice from Germany to Switzerland. In the past, for the EURO countries I've noted certain information on my bills, e.g. my/their VAT number, my IBAN number and "Ort der Leistung: XXX (depending on the country); §3a (3) i.v. (4) UStG."
Do I need any additional information for a EURO invoice to be paid from Switzerland?
Thanks in advance,
J.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
Italian to English
+ ...
All the usual stuff Jul 23, 2008

I did a job for a Swiss agency last year and just put all the usual stuff on the invoice - my and their names, addresses, VAT Reg. no. and tax code, my a/c, IBAN and BIC. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Jonathan MacKerron
Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 23, 2008

I'm assuming that you didn't charge VAT from your country of origin??

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:19
Italian to English
+ ...
No VAT Jul 23, 2008

For invoices to VAT-registered non-Italian clients I have to add a sentence (in Italian) to the effect that VAT is not applicable, referring to the relevant Italian legislation. I imagine you probably need to do something similar, but that's for your own country's requirements rather than those of Switzerland.

[Edited at 2008-07-23 10:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoices to Switzerland

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »