https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/117242-trados_not_working_with_fujitsu_siemens_harddrive.html

Trados not working with Fujitsu Siemens Harddrive
Thread poster: Aidan Cosgrove (X)
Aidan Cosgrove (X)
Aidan Cosgrove (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:56
German to English
Oct 6, 2008

Hi,

Basically, Trados is not working with my a new Fujitsu Siemens laptop. Trados support also tried their best and failed to make it work. They reported that Trados is not compatible with the Harddrive. For a freelance translator who is strugling to make ends meat this is quite a blow, to say the least. I dont know whether to blame Trados or the computer manufacturers. They said there would be a fix in SP3. Anyone have any idea when SP3 will be available? Anyone have a similar prob
... See more
Hi,

Basically, Trados is not working with my a new Fujitsu Siemens laptop. Trados support also tried their best and failed to make it work. They reported that Trados is not compatible with the Harddrive. For a freelance translator who is strugling to make ends meat this is quite a blow, to say the least. I dont know whether to blame Trados or the computer manufacturers. They said there would be a fix in SP3. Anyone have any idea when SP3 will be available? Anyone have a similar problem?
The computer specs are as follows:
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Mobile RM-70
4.00 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

Any tips or advice are welcome.
Thanks,
-Aidan

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-10-06 14:30]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
It wonders me really... Oct 6, 2008

Not only do I have four very different machines with Trados working without a problem, but I also am quite sure to know othe people with FJS computers and working Trados installations.
Do you get any error messages?
If Trados support says the software is incompatible with the HDD, so I would first check, if all necessary drivers for hardware are installed correctly.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the drivers of the hard drive with the manufacturers Oct 6, 2008

Certainly. I would honestly try to update the drivers of the hard drive, or other drivers of the computer, from the manufacturer's website. This looks like a hardware problem really. It strikes me that SDL attribute this to Trados....

Aidan Cosgrove (X)
Aidan Cosgrove (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
no error message Oct 6, 2008

Hi,

I didn't get any error messages. Trados seems to be fully installed. If I open Workbench, or any other program, it takes about two hours to appear. The product activation utility opens, but the "Gathering license information" dialog box just runs and runs for hours.

The laptop came with everything pre-installed. So Im not sure I know how to (re)install the hardware drivers. I, too, find the "incompatibility" theory a bit far fetched, and I would have to quest
... See more
Hi,

I didn't get any error messages. Trados seems to be fully installed. If I open Workbench, or any other program, it takes about two hours to appear. The product activation utility opens, but the "Gathering license information" dialog box just runs and runs for hours.

The laptop came with everything pre-installed. So Im not sure I know how to (re)install the hardware drivers. I, too, find the "incompatibility" theory a bit far fetched, and I would have to question the judgement of Trados support on this one.

Kind regards,
-Aidan
Collapse

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:26
English to Swedish
Works on mine Oct 7, 2008

Hi,

Can't help you with advice but, I have a fairly new Fujitsu Siemens C46 Esprimo Mobile V5505 with the following spec

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
2 GB RAM
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

I use Trados Freelance 2007 sp2 and it works a treat.

Hope you can sort it out.
Åsa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados not working with Fujitsu Siemens Harddrive

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »