https://www.proz.com/forum/spanish/27332-how_to_por_los_tradutores_incipientes.html?text=How%20to%20por%20los%20tradutores%20incipientes%20%28Spanish%29

How to por los tradutores incipientes
Thread poster: Ruxi
Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 7, 2004

I am sorry to put it in English, but my Spanish is not good enough.
Some weeks ago there was a discussion regarding a way to collect information for the beginners as freelance translators.
The conclusions of these discussions are: we could do "How-to's" for each country, where information can be found in a sort of database.
Somebody already did for France. I have already done for Germany and submitted to Ralf Lemster for corrections and suggestions.
Messages have been put
... See more
I am sorry to put it in English, but my Spanish is not good enough.
Some weeks ago there was a discussion regarding a way to collect information for the beginners as freelance translators.
The conclusions of these discussions are: we could do "How-to's" for each country, where information can be found in a sort of database.
Somebody already did for France. I have already done for Germany and submitted to Ralf Lemster for corrections and suggestions.
Messages have been put in the Italian and Spanish forum, but did not yet show up.
I could see there are beginners who ask a lot of questions and also people who get established in a new country.
Here are some useful information needed:

1. Skills, Studies, certificates required
2. Certificates for notarial translations and Court
3. Financial registration (VAT a.s.o)
4. Medical insurance
5. Social insurance
6. Unemployment insurance
7. Pension insurance
8. Invoicing:
-softare
-VAT (income limits which require VAT registration, for which countries to consider VAT and for what kind of clients)
9. CAT - which is useful for what, features a.s.o
10. Other aspects
Web-sites with such information are also wellcome in the databases.

I am adressing here especially to countries like: Italy, Spain and Latin-American countries, all English speaking countries (UK,USA, Canada, Australia a.s.o), where there are a great number of translators.The others are also wellcome to do it for them.

Help your colleagues,
Ruxi
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Administrative information Dec 7, 2004

may be found in http://www.proz.com/howto/39

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to por los tradutores incipientes

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »