https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/116530-will_there_be_a_shanghai_powwow_or_not.html

Will there be a Shanghai Powwow or not?
Thread poster: Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:14
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 27, 2008

It's scheduled tomorrow and I still don't know the location and contact person. I tried to call Shirley but nobody answered.

I know I should post this question on the powwow page but it is very urgent. I need to decide whether I should get a train ticket or not now.

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
An alterantive solution. Sep 27, 2008

Dallas Cao wrote:

It's scheduled tomorrow and I still don't know the location and contact person. I tried to call Shirley but nobody answered.

I know I should post this question on the powwow page but it is very urgent. I need to decide whether I should get a train ticket or not now.

Hi! Dallas,

I am also wondering whether the Powwow will be held or not.

I have booked an air ticket for this event and will arrive in Shanghai around 11:00 on the morning of tomorrow. Thus, it will be a pity if the Powwow is cancelled without notice.

Since there are quite a lot members interested in this powwow, do you think we can ask a friend (Stonejohn, maybe) in Shanghai to book a resturant? so the powwow can be held as scheduled even if Shirley fails to show up.

let me know what you guys think.

best regards,

Donglai Lou

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
fly to shanghai? Sep 27, 2008

Donglai Lou wrote:

Hi! Dallas,

I am also wondering whether the Powwow will be held or not.

I have booked an air ticket for this event and will arrive in Shanghai around 11:00 on the morning of tomorrow. Thus, it will be a pity if the Powwow is cancelled without notice.

Since there are quite a lot members interested in this powwow, do you think we can ask a friend (Stonejohn, maybe) in Shanghai to book a resturant? so the powwow can be held as scheduled even if Shirley fails to show up.

let me know what you guys think.

best regards,

Donglai Lou

So you will fly to Shanghai just for this event? There will be a powwow then, even if there only two of us. I will get train ticket now. My cell is 13862600373. Keep contact, Donglai.

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you, Dallas. Sep 27, 2008

Thank you, Dallas!

I have planned to take train to Shanghai this evening. However, one childhood friend travel to Beijing to meet me today. Thus, I have to pick that flight in order to catch this Powwow.

But no worries. Actually, I go back to Suzhou for my cousin's wedding on Oct. 1. I did adjust my schedule for this gathering.

If there is no Powwow in Shanghai, I am happy to stop by Kunshan:).

my phone number is 13683689657.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Donglai, hi Dallas! Sep 27, 2008

I didn't know that both of you would be there at this powwow in Shanghai, or else I could have book a flight to Shanghai tomorrow, too.

We are going to have another powwow in Taipei next Sunday. There are 10 people registered and some 6 people don't. These will come without registration, since they maintain contacts to me personally and do not like to have their names shown in public. However, powwow in Taipei is always opportunity for those freelancers who look for collaborations.
... See more
I didn't know that both of you would be there at this powwow in Shanghai, or else I could have book a flight to Shanghai tomorrow, too.

We are going to have another powwow in Taipei next Sunday. There are 10 people registered and some 6 people don't. These will come without registration, since they maintain contacts to me personally and do not like to have their names shown in public. However, powwow in Taipei is always opportunity for those freelancers who look for collaborations. I hope that it functions the same way in Shanghai, too. Since I have been in Shanghai powwow twice, I know that there are many good translators whom I would like to engage when opportunities are there. There are always jobs needing different talents.

By the way, Donglai, Stonejohn is not in Shanghai. He is in Jiangsu now. It's a pity that he cannot be there. You should have met this interesting guy. He is rich of business ideas and would need contacts to more different talents to realize all his ideas.

Anyway, I wish you guys have a good time tomorrow at Shanghai powwow!

- Wenjer
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
好遗憾 Sep 29, 2008

没能见到文哲真是遗憾!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will there be a Shanghai Powwow or not?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »