https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/130064-urgentproblem_with_word_help_needed.html

Urgent...Problem with Word, help needed
Thread poster: corinne durand
corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:10
English to French
+ ...
Mar 13, 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with Word, it started today, I have been using Trados 2007, I have Windows Vista and MS Office 2007.

There seems to be some kind of bug, I have been having problems opening documents (it takes a couple of time and and an error message) for a few weeks but this is new...

even when I manage to open them, I have this new problem today where the mouse stops working altogwether (only in Word, it is fine in Internet Explorer, TagEditor
... See more
Hello,

I have a problem with Word, it started today, I have been using Trados 2007, I have Windows Vista and MS Office 2007.

There seems to be some kind of bug, I have been having problems opening documents (it takes a couple of time and and an error message) for a few weeks but this is new...

even when I manage to open them, I have this new problem today where the mouse stops working altogwether (only in Word, it is fine in Internet Explorer, TagEditor etc.) and I can only use the keyboard to move around or type anything, which is a nightmare...I have an urgent job to deliver and one of them is a Word document (I cannot even open it in TagEditor as it has been saved as bilingual in Word) and I need help quickly PLEASE...DOes anyone know where the problem comes from?
It also seems to be asking if I want to save a Trados 8 template or something to that effect, so it could be linked to a Trados template being corrupted but I do not know what to do just now.

Many thanks in anticipation for your suggestions

Corinne
Collapse

Miroslav Jeftic
Miroslav Jeftic  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:10
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Maybe... Mar 13, 2009

Did you try to repair (or reinstall if the repair is not working) either your Word or Trados installation?

Maria Castro
Maria Castro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:10
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
same problem Mar 13, 2009

corinne durand wrote:

Corinne

I also have Windows Vista, MO 2007 and Trados and I used to get this error message every time I tried to open a document, but I found a way (don't know if it's the best one) to solve the problem. First open MO Word and then click the open icon to open the doc you want.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:10
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I have it sometimes... Mar 13, 2009

... in my Word 2003 (Win XP)... It is not that the whole mouse stops altogether, but the two scroll wheels die altogether and you have to drag the text using the slide bar...

I noticed, it happens after some intensive work, like running several dictionaries, Trados, Multiterm, and some other programmes, especially when the job in on-line or there are many embedded objects...

Strange behaviour, but, in my case it is not so serious. I just close Word, hit ALT+CTRL+DEL, k
... See more
... in my Word 2003 (Win XP)... It is not that the whole mouse stops altogether, but the two scroll wheels die altogether and you have to drag the text using the slide bar...

I noticed, it happens after some intensive work, like running several dictionaries, Trados, Multiterm, and some other programmes, especially when the job in on-line or there are many embedded objects...

Strange behaviour, but, in my case it is not so serious. I just close Word, hit ALT+CTRL+DEL, kill winword.exe process, and start Word again...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent...Problem with Word, help needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »