https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/112345-how_to_open_a_file_in_trados.html

how to open a file in Trados
Thread poster: translateitnow
translateitnow
translateitnow
Local time: 11:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 10, 2008

Hello:

I just received my first job in Trados and i received some files with the Trados format but i do not konw how to open the files, please let me know what to do i do not want to lose this project.

Thank you

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:32
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Aug 10, 2008

Hi "translateitnow",
When posting a new topic in this forum, you are requested to provide the following details:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

I just received my first job in Trados and i received some files with the Trados format but i do not konw how to open the files, please let me know what to do i do not want to lose this project.

On a related note, accepting a job without being (at least) familiar with the required software is not a good idea.

Best regards,
Ralf

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
That's putting it mildly Aug 11, 2008

Ralf Lemster wrote:

On a related note, accepting a job without being (at least) familiar with the required software is not a good idea.

Don't you mean "downright irresponsible"?

Greetings,
Andrea

[Edited at 2008-08-11 01:56]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:32
English
SDL Support... Aug 11, 2008

Hello,

I would recommend taking the SDL Trados certification training to familiarise yourself with our software. However, for the time being you can read the software documentation to learn the basics. Once you have installed SDL Trados 2007 you can find the documentation here:

Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Documentation

If you are interested in taking the SD
... See more
Hello,

I would recommend taking the SDL Trados certification training to familiarise yourself with our software. However, for the time being you can read the software documentation to learn the basics. Once you have installed SDL Trados 2007 you can find the documentation here:

Go to the Start Menu -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Documentation

If you are interested in taking the SDL Trados training then please contact [email protected].

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

oddyseus
oddyseus
Local time: 20:32
English to Greek
Use Translators Workbench and Tageditor Aug 11, 2008

on the short hand, i guess that by mentioning "i received some files with the Trados format" you mean files with .ttx extension.

These are TagEditor files. So you you have to do is launch Translators workbench, load your translation memory in and then launch Tageditor. Both can be found inside the Trados 2007 in "Star\Programs\SDL International\SDL Trados 2007" folder.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to open a file in Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »