https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/53742-cannot_create_an_itd_file_from_powerpoint.html

Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint
Thread poster: Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:12
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Aug 21, 2006

Hi,

I am having some problem with creating an .itd SDLX file from Powerpoint. I got an error message, "Compile error in hidden module: modExport". Could you please help? I am using SDLX 5.

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2006-08-21 21:13]

Rosana Fiore
Rosana Fiore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:12
English to Spanish
Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint Sep 10, 2008

Hi, Hang Nguyen-Padfield
A few years ago you posted this query on the forum (unable to create itd out of ppt files). I cannot seem to find an answer, and I am now experiencing the same issue. "Compile error in hidden module: ModExport". SDL support team have said to purchase their Support Service, but I actually need to sort this out as soon as I possibly can. Would you have any idea/Could you point me in the right direction so as to solve it? Here's hoping... Rosana

Patricia Acosta
Patricia Acosta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:12
English to Spanish
"Compile error" in Word Oct 19, 2009

Hi there:

I've just installed Trados Studio 2009, and have the same "compile error" problem you mention, but in Word. That error message pops up every time I open or close a document.

I've tried to implement the solution that is posted in the SDL KB, namely Delete the Normal.dot file in the Templates Section of the Microsoft Application Data folder, but with no success. I've rebooted my computer after deleting Normal.dot and still get the same error message. Has anyone
... See more
Hi there:

I've just installed Trados Studio 2009, and have the same "compile error" problem you mention, but in Word. That error message pops up every time I open or close a document.

I've tried to implement the solution that is posted in the SDL KB, namely Delete the Normal.dot file in the Templates Section of the Microsoft Application Data folder, but with no success. I've rebooted my computer after deleting Normal.dot and still get the same error message. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am using Windows XP with Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 8.

Thanks!

Patricia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »