A Multilinguist Freelance Translator
LITERALLY, Millions of Words Have Been Translated By Me So Far and It's Continued but Increasing By Time
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22416088@N07/ AND http://www.proz.com/wwa/78755 QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate in Arabic and Islamic studies from Iran (Islamic Institutes) (1993-1996)
English into Urdu / Farsi / Dari / Arabic
Urdu into English / Farsi / Arabic
Farsi (Persian) into English / Urdu / Arabic / Dari
Dari into English / Urdu / Farsi / Arabic
Arabic into English / Urdu / Farsi / Dari Experience Outline Since 1994 (In Descending Order)
Several Local & Many International Translation Agencies 2004 – Present:
I have worked with tens of, and still am working with several International Translation Agencies on regular basis since July 2004.
2003 – 2004:
Taught Arabic and Jurisprudence here. Additionally, I maintained the accounts of the institute.
Mehfooz Book Agency
1998 – 2003:
Translated Arabic and Farsi Books, and edited their books & other translated texts. (Published) Jam-e-at-ul-Athar Publications
2000 – 2002:
I worked here as a translator of Arabic and Farsi books. Also typeset their books many times.
I translated an Arabic book bearing the title "Al-Khesaal", consisting of 320 pages, for Al-Kisa Publications. (Published) Open School, Chicago (USA)
The same year, in 2002:
I translated an Arabic book of 400 pages, “Dirasatun Hawl-al-Koran” for this religious school. (Published) Quran-O-Itrat Academy
I translated an Arabic book of 180 pages. Also, I taught Arabic and Islamic Studies there, with special emphasis on jurisprudence.
I translated a Farsi book consisting of 600+ pages into Urdu. (Published) Other Jobs: Also,
I translated some books for the personal needs of some individuals. One of those books was on “Brain” from Farsi, consisting of 350 plus pages.
Some Noteworthy Projects (At a Glance)
1. Borough Housing Council Documents from English into Farsi
2. Hong Kong Public Schools from English into Urdu (More than 25,000 words)
3. Sliver Professional+ (Spinning Software from Reiter) from English into Urdu
4. Food Stamps for USA (CDSS Project) from English into Farsi
5. Editing of a DVD Instruction Manual into Farsi (Consists of 36,000 words)
6. Opera Browser from English into Urdu
7. DPW Templates from English into Farsi
8. Software Manual from English into Arabic
9. Subtitling of a complete documentary from English into Farsi (Biology)
10. Complete Lubricant Marketing Survey, and other documents for Gallup, from English into Urdu (A lot of other translations for Gallup so far, and still they send their documents whenever required)
11. Brochure for a Resort from English into Arabic
12. Motorola Manuals (Models: L6, L7, C390, C139, C118, C261, E1 GSM, V48 2G, V49 2G, V51 3G, RAZR v3i…) from English into Urdu.
13. Panasonic Digital Camera Manual from English into Arabic.
14. Cranes Manual consists of around 100,000 words from English into Dari.
15. Aviation Technical Manuals 15,000 words from English into Dari
16. New York City Department of Education documents (more than 500,000 words so far)
17. Hardcore Technical Prompts for Power Sector from English into Urdu (9,000 words so far)
18. Motorola Manual for K1 UM GSM phone from English into Urdu and into Farsi.
19. Motorola Manual for W220 GSM from English into Urdu and into Farsi.
20. Motorola Manual for Z3 GSM from English into Urdu
21. Motorola Manual for W375 from English into Urdu
22. Motorola Manual for W208 GSM from English into Urdu
23. Motorola Manual for V6 3G from English into Urdu
24. Motorola Manual for MOTORAZR™ V3 GSM from English into Farsi
25. Hundreds of Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates, Letters in All the mentioned pairs especially from Farsi, Dari and Urdu into English
26. Motorola & Nokia Prompts from English into Urdu (More than 32,000 in total)
27. Lots of documents for Refugees from Dari, Farsi & Urdu into English, including British Court cases, and wills as well from Urdu into English and vice versa
28. Documents for Pepsi Company from English into Urdu
29. Documents for Tejori Ltd. from English into Farsi
30. Many Brand / Cultural Evaluations for Urdu Language and Pakistan Region
31. Brand Evaluations for Farsi language and Iran Region
32. User Guide for Nokia S60 from English into Urdu.
33. Urdu Typesetting: 120 pages for a client; and 150,000 words for another regular client
34. Scottish / New York Department of Health (DOH) from English into Urdu (More than 100,000 words so far, and they still send their documents to translate when needed)
35. Tens of thousands of words on each of these subjects: Pharmaceutical, Nutrition, Live Stock from English into Urdu
36. Legal Contracts and Cases (More than 200,000 words in total so far) from English into Urdu and Farsi
37. Also, have done many Gallup Surveys, Brand Evaluations, Microsoft, Panasonic, Mobile Games, Patents, Cultural Evaluations, Reconciliations, Back Translations just to name a few…
38. Shell Company Documents and Training System (More than 200,000 Words so far from English into Urdu.
39. A few transcriptions – Time-coded – (with translations) from Farsi and Urdu into English and vice versa.
40. Medical translations, including ICF (more than 300,000 words so far)
And of course many more… bearing the experience since January 1994 Other Professional Background
Services I Provide
Translation / Back Translation
Transcription (with and without translations as per requirement)
Typesetting (We have many full-time typesetters to take up as much pages per day as possible for them maintaining the accuracy)
Brand / Cultural Evaluations
Areas of Expertise
Following are the subjects I am fluent with:
Advertising - Agreements - Biology - Business - Commerce - Environment / Ecology - Public Relations - Computers (General, Software, Systems, and Networks) – Patents - Education / Pedagogy - Games / Video Games - General / Conversation – Government - Greetings / Letters / Résumés - Manuals - History - Medical - Pharmaceutical - Nutrition - Religion (History, Ahadiths (Narrations), Verdicts, Exegesis) - Subtitling from English into Farsi (Medical / Biology) - Other
List of Software I Work On
SDL Studio 2015 (Freelance)
SDL Trados 2007 (Freelance)
MS Office 2004 & 2010
Adobe Acrobat Professional (Reader & Writer)
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Middle Eastern (Capability of making EDITABLE PSDs)
Adobe Illustrator (Capable to make Outlined EPS files)
BabelPad Text Editor for Windows
InPage (An Urdu Editor)
ABBYY Fine Reader Pro. (OCR Scanner)
Solid PDF Converter (Conversion from PDF to Word and from Word to PDF)
LingvoSoft Eng – Arabic & Eng – Farsi (Persian) bilingual dictionaries
Other (Arabic, English, Farsi (Persian) and Urdu bilingual dictionaries, etc.)
I also have printed dictionaries for Law, Medical, Mathematics, Physics, Biology etc., and access to Online Dictionaries which I use as References, as per need.
File Formats I Can Work with Are:
ASP ; ASPX ; BIF ; CAT ; CSV ; DLG ; DLL ; DOC ; DOCM ; DOCX ; DOT ; DOTM ; DOTX ; EPS ; EXE ; HTM ; HTML ; INDD ; INP ; INT ; INX ; ISC ; ITD ; JSP ; MTW ; OCX ; ODS ; ODT ; PDF ; POT ; POTX ; PPS ; PPSX ; PPT ; PPTX ; PROPERTIES ; PSD ; QSC ; RC ; RTF ; SGM ; SGML ; SWF ; TAG ; TMW ; TMX ; TTF ; TTG ; TTX ; TTX ; TXT ; TXT ; VB ; XLF ; XLIFF; XLS ; XLS ; XLSM ; XLSX ; XLT ; XLTX ; XML ; XSL ; XTG ; (INT & INP = InPage )
Output Volume per day
2500 - 4500 Words per day,
depending on the source language, subject and my availability.
So far, the maximum output per day has been recorded more than 8,000 non-technical words per day (continued the pattern for 12 days), and around 4,000 technical words; without any complaints from the clients, but they appreciated very much, as I have their feedbacks with me.
In Page (An Urdu Editor)
ParsNegar (Urdu, Arabic, Farsi Editor)
Bable Pad Text Editor for Windows
I have a huge collection of Arabic, Farsi and Urdu fonts, and have prepared individual samples by language as PDF. I can send them via e-mail so that you can choose one as per your project requirement.
I keep updating my profile by continuously learning new Tools and Skills from time to time.
If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate.